cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone has their koni yellow settings at:thumb:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Full soft on the street. I set a baseline of 360*/720* (HALF) front and rear for events and slightly tweak it from there depending on how it feels on the course.

The nice thing about the Koni Yellows is that they can be adjusted in under 3 minutes in the pits.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
"full firm" isn't for racing. "the correct damper settings to make the car behave as you want in transition" are for racing

claudermilk

Reaction score
"full firm" isn't for racing. "the correct damper settings to make the car behave as you want in transition" are for racing
This.

I'm still playing with mine. Right now I'm 1 turn up from full soft for street (trying to see if I can tune out some annoying bounce on a section of my commute). Last autocross I was full firm in front & 1 turn off full firm in rear; I'm still not happy with that, so I'll be playing with settings tomorrow.

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
In my New Edge, on street was full soft,
On road course, I would would go to full firm front and rear.

I would start there. Usually end up just adjusting the rear to try and help with the pushing. Soften it up. I didnt run a rear sway bar, so the adjustable shocks were a big help.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm at full firm as well. My 2011 5.0 weighs 3870 with me, and it still has too much movement in my opinion. I love the Konis, but I'm getting ready to change my setup.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
So far, I've had no reason to go beyond +1.5 turns front and +1.25 turns rear relative to full soft even for track days. I'm still on the OE springs. More than one instructor has commented that the car is composed at those settings (and with the rest of the setup).

With the wheel & tire upgrade (that hasn't seen track time yet), I expect I might increase those settings a little.

For the street, it depends. With my wife present and a lot of driving on rough pavement expected, about +3/8 and +1/8 turn. Alone, anywhere from +3/4 & +1/2 to +1 & +3/4.

Norm

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
My GC Custom valved coilovers are full stiff in the front and 3/4 turn from full stiff in the rear.

And considering my springs are 550lbs/in in the front and 275lbs/in in the rear, it rides great! :)

todcp

forum member
Reaction score
Depends on your spring rates as well. With my 225 front and 195 rear I run 3/4 a turn front and 1/3 turn rear for a reasonably soft street ride. On track around 1 3/4 front and 1 1/4 rear. Still playing with the track settings and sway bars.
A small adjustment does a lot more than I thought it would.

Tod

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I'm running the FRPP P Springs, which I think are around 200 lbs in both the front and rear. I currently have the rear on full soft and the front on a turn and a half, but that might be a bit too stiff for the junk roads here in NJ

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
That is a great way to blow them out, I'd back them off full firm a by a half turn. "off the shelf" Koni's do not hold up well or long....
Ah, oh well. I can always buy new ones. I don't have bad roads really either.

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
You have some that went out on you?

I had yellows in my mustang until I blew one out (a lot of autocross) and went to coil overs; I wasn't running them even close to full stiff. A buddy of mine with a VW ran his at full stiff and blew one out as well. My car isn't a street car any more but I had oranges (STR.T) in a daily driver (SVT Focus) for a while but again they just don't hold up long on the street. There are better options for street driven long term shocks out there then off-the-shelf Koni's IMO.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back