Koni yellows pair best with...

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
A spherical UCA can really transform the way the car reacts to power, at the cost of some noise. Necessary? No. Obvious big change in handling? Yes.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
A spherical UCA can really transform the way the car reacts to power, at the cost of some noise. Necessary? No. Obvious big change in handling? Yes.

What specific improvement did you notice? Probably my next modification. Still have all stock arms in rear (have rod ended panhard).

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
What specific improvement did you notice? Probably my next modification. Still have all stock arms in rear (have rod ended panhard).

Biggest improvements- rear end behavior under power-oversteer and lift off oversteer is much more consistent and predictable. Also, far less hysteresis through the drivetrain when shifting and launching.

I had a spherical in the differential as well. I imagine the improvement is less pronounced with anything but a spherical there.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Now do the Yellow only have adjustablilty with rebound? I have the P springs and a year latter, still cannot find a comfy ride.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Koni yellows are nominally rebound-adjustable only. But there may be a little crosstalk between rebound adjustments and bump damping down at very low piston speeds, say under 1 in/sec. Full soft to only a little off soft is probably the range you want to work in for minimizing crosstalk effects.

Norm

kona302

forum member
Reaction score
Whose thread was it in for the spherical in the differential ? I'm wondering if it can be a DIY or what tools I would need.

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
DIY with the proper tools and a lot of swearing!

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Whose thread was it in for the spherical in the differential ? I'm wondering if it can be a DIY or what tools I would need.

Me. Well I was one anyway. Job is a PITA. I didn't want to mess with it on jackstands so I paid a pro to do it.

Need a 58mm socket to tighten it if you use the Steeda one.

Here's the part I used

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-spherical-bearing-555-4104/

Created a tool to remove stock bushing

_DSC6199-XL.jpg

Turned the 58mm socket down a lathe so it would fit. I really don't know how you'd get it tight otherwise...loctite and pray maybe?

_DSC6214-XL.jpg

New and old

_DSC6200-XL.jpg

Installed

_DSC6234-XL.jpg

forum member
Reaction score
Are relo brackets a necessity after lowering even if there is no wheel hop? I noticed my LCAs are no longer parallel after lowering the car 2.2" in the rear.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
If you're getting good enough launch grip (not too much wheelspin for the way you drive), you don't have an acceleration problem that relos can solve.

If you like driving the corners hard enough, you might want to install the brackets if the tail gets too loose too easily should you have to suddenly lift off the throttle in a corner. If this is the case, only a mild setting (top relo holes) should be enough of a tweak in most street-driving cases.

Norm

claudermilk

Reaction score
I was going to say BS, but looked more closely at the chart. Yep Konis shown as not pairing well with Big Red. All is good. ;) :lol2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back