Kooks knockoffs

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight from the guys that want the cheaper products....

You guys drive $35,000 2011 mustangs but then want to buy the cheapest thing possible to put on it. That cracks me up.

Yes, what's wrong with that?

Everyone, whether they have extra money laying around or not, wants to save money.

STEWIE

Reaction score
Then why didn't you buy the V-6? that would have saved you money and you would still have 300 plus HP.
Instead you opted to spend more and get the better car.
So why not spend a little more on a product? If you save your money you can get it. The problem is people want instant satisfaction so they jump at the cheap one instead of waiting a month longer and getting something else.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Easy!
Remember some of these guys have a 500.00+ a month note that they have to pay the bank so the banker will let them drive the latest and greatest 5.0... If a cheaper knock-off works just as well. Use it.
Besides last I check Kooks ain't making product worthy of their asking price (search Kooks cats)... Just saying...

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Then why didn't you buy the V-6? that would have saved you money and you would still have 300 plus HP.
So why not spend a little more on a product? If you save your money you can get it. The problem is people want instant satisfaction so they jump at the cheap one instead of waiting a month longer and getting something else.

You simply do not understand the "do more for less" paradigm.

The money I would save on expensive headers could buy a set of race wheels and tires, or complete suspension setup, or...get the hint?

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score

If I could have gotten the same car with the same power for less, I would have.

If a guy gets a deal on a car and pays 30K for a 40K car, we congratulate him and say he's a savvy shopper.

If he pays the 40K we tell him he could/should have done better.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody said the cheapest headers possible is what makes sense, its a choice that was offered by the OP for those wanting a cheaper choice. In the Corvette world paying $1,000 or more for LT's is pretty normal, and it seems like you guys don't mind paying the Corvette tax on your mods.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody said the cheapest headers possible is what makes sense, its a choice that was offered by the OP for those wanting a cheaper choice. In the Corvette world paying $1,000 or more for LT's is pretty normal, and it seems like you guys don't mind paying the Corvette tax on your mods.

After being in the Corvette/F-ibody world since 1998 I thought this mustang would be a little cheaper on parts. Well its right up there on just about everything, the big cry when LS parts started coming out was 'its new, prices will come down after a while.' Well they never did, granted some stuff like cylinder heads and internal engine parts got cheaper in time but except for the knockoff headers they are still 1000.00+ for vettes and f-bodies.

Anyone who is expecting 'old' 5.0 prices on parts for these is in for a little shock :)

Personally I'd rather have the choice, I dont think the owner of any header manufacture is hanging around on John Kerry's yacht but I bet their employees make enough to support his family in America and I'm OK with that. Unlike the Chinese welder thats getting paid 50 cents an hour..

KIM_05_GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really can't believe some of these responses... well yes I can. However, this is the problem with America right now, peoples attitude toward buying china knock off shit, walmart, harbor freight shit..etc.

Seriously, if we continue support companies and countries that rip off designs and steal patents this economy is going to keep getting worse. We are losing our industrial base that is needed to be a dominant country.

You can't even buy an American flag these days that is not made in china WTF! We have some very hard times coming unless something starts to change. But it keeps getting worse. Have some fucking pride, and take some in ownership in being a fucking American. Pony up the extra cash and support the true people that support you.

Last edited:

smoken1986

forum member
Reaction score
So you think your car is 100% made in the US?? Toyota's are just as much US as Fords and Chevy's these days. This thread is a FAIL

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Its very simple if you prefer to not buy cheaper headers, than buy American made headers. If you prefer saving a little bit of money than choose to buy the headers that are cheaper.

KIM_05_GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So you think your car is 100% made in the US?? Toyota's are just as much US as Fords and Chevy's these days. This thread is a FAIL

The money still goes back overseas. But that's besides the point. I'm not talking about Toyota. I'm talking companies that rip designs off and steal patents. Like everything made in china.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
I really can't believe some of these responses... well yes I can. However, this is the problem with America right now, peoples attitude toward buying china knock off shit, walmart, harbor freight shit..etc.

Seriously, if we continue support companies and countries that rip off designs and steal patents this economy is going to keep getting worse. We are losing our industrial base that is needed to be a dominant country.

You can't even buy an American flag these days that is not made in china WTF! We have some very hard times coming unless something starts to change. But it keeps getting worse. Have some fucking pride, and take some in ownership in being a fucking American. Pony up the extra cash and support the true people that support you.

agreed... Tell Ford not to have their "getrag" built in China....:wtf1:

95PreludeSi

Reaction score
Coming from my honda days when OBX was just getting started....

OBX copied quaife's ATB differential and priced it at about 1/3 of what Quaife did. A friend and I put one in his civic, and because they didn't make the diff properly the axle's wouldn't come back out next time we had to pull the trans. In the process my buddy lost an axle, and the transmission case. OBX refused to stand behind their "lifetime" warranty. They wouldn't fix his diff, or refund any of his losses. Never again will I spend my hard earned cash with such a terrible company. It's funny to see that now they are making Mustang stuff.

I know these are just headers and there is less to go wrong, but you've been warned. On honda tech we started referring to OBX as "Oh we Be junX"

Now that I've left honda days behind me and come over to the v8 side, I will surely be avoiding almost any company that was ever associated with aftermarket parts for import cars.

If I were you guys I would continue to support companies like Kooks, magnaflow, edelbrock, and other quality manufacturers.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Coming from my honda days when OBX was just getting started....

OBX copied quaife's ATB differential and priced it at about 1/3 of what Quaife did. A friend and I put one in his civic, and because they didn't make the diff properly the axle's wouldn't come back out next time we had to pull the trans. In the process my buddy lost an axle, and the transmission case. OBX refused to stand behind their "lifetime" warranty. They wouldn't fix his diff, or refund any of his losses. Never again will I spend my hard earned cash with such a terrible company. It's funny to see that now they are making Mustang stuff.

I know these are just headers and there is less to go wrong, but you've been warned. On honda tech we started referring to OBX as "Oh we Be junX"

Now that I've left honda days behind me and come over to the v8 side, I will surely be avoiding almost any company that was ever associated with aftermarket parts for import cars.

If I were you guys I would continue to support companies like Kooks, magnaflow, edelbrock, and other quality manufacturers.

Plenty of folks who run their headers without a single issue. I wouldn't blow it out of proportion.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back