Last night

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
so i'm guessing the tune wasn't set up for a higher rev lim and that was causing you to not be in the powerband for 3rd gear?
just trying to figure out what you changed on the tune...

congrats on the new times! get slicks and you'll improve even more! nice bro

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
so i'm guessing the tune wasn't set up for a higher rev lim and that was causing you to not be in the powerband for 3rd gear?
just trying to figure out what you changed on the tune...

congrats on the new times! get slicks and you'll improve even more! nice bro
I sent a dyno graph and asked BBR to raise the limiter, it helped!

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
i hear you. i'm thinking of upgrading cams, but regardless of what cam i use, i'm going to upgrade my springs so i can raise the rev to 7.5k

Big50

forum member
Reaction score
I'm glad you were able to get the tune squared away. But, looking at your first slips compared to your later one. It seems as though most of your gain comes from you 60'. You should be able to get into the 1.6's with those tires. That would put you running 12.3x pretty consistently imo.

FYI helpful hint for doing a good burnout. Lower your drivers side mirror so you can see your tire during your burnout. Then you can adjust throttle accordingly to make sure that tire gets nice and hot. I found that with the limited slip a lot of the times that wheel wouldn't spin. Now that i keep an eye on it does every time.

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Man I need to go out to SAR with you!

Well Im down.

I'm glad you were able to get the tune squared away. But, looking at your first slips compared to your later one. It seems as though most of your gain comes from you 60'. You should be able to get into the 1.6's with those tires. That would put you running 12.3x pretty consistently imo.

FYI helpful hint for doing a good burnout. Lower your drivers side mirror so you can see your tire during your burnout. Then you can adjust throttle accordingly to make sure that tire gets nice and hot. I found that with the limited slip a lot of the times that wheel wouldn't spin. Now that i keep an eye on it does every time.

Well the 17s I have been able to get a 1.8x out of them. I really think I did better because of the retune.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where you just in the Selma area, if that was you your car sounds good. My wife said wow its LOUD! My daughter was dad you should get those rims for your car. I said well its xmas?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rford i knew that sig pic background looked familiar thats over there off 1604 and lookout by burlington huh. Was not me on naco. Im ready to go to the track just not ready to miss a gear lol.

Back