• Hooker LT Headers

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
None with Shorties. :sick: :tdown:

No Problem with your Car Marc, It's a Monster :trophy:

I have read that the gains are between 20 to 30hp Max.
Just wondering what the population says.

Sure Looks Like the Kooks are in the lead..

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
No Problem with your Car Marc, It's a Monster :trophy:

I have read that the gains are between 20 to 30hp Max.
Just wondering what the population says.

Sure Looks Like the Kooks are in the lead..

Thanks Dude! That's a great compliment. Means a lot coming from a driver who's faster than me...:oops: you're making me blush...

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
None with Shorties. :sick: :tdown:

Hey, I got a whopping 5 HP on my BBK shorties. :naughty:

The shorties are coming out today and getting replaced with JBA longtubes though...not doing a new dyno run though until later in the month...just a quick street tune adjustment for ensure air/fuel and the O2 sensor issues...

John

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ARH with H pipe gained me 40rwhp with my Supercharger

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you wil lstill see a large gain with the ARH. If i gained 40rwhp with jsut a header change. think of how much you will get N/A

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sides if you go by length the kooks actually amount to a mid length header, not a true longtube. I may be mistaken but the ARH headers are among the longest out there

As far as JBA goes, the fitment problems on both of my friends cars were enormous and they each had the header resting, and clunking into the pass side frame rail.

I jsut couldnt recommend the jbas to anyone

ARH FTW, followed by bassani

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm just glad Dynatechs weren't even on the poll.

I'm contractually obligated to say...

DON'T BUY DYNATECH!!! :fu:

:321::naughty::tdown::thud::zipped::furious::sick::lemon::tp::piss::puke::dead::poop::bs::screw: :wtf::crapthread::moon: :kill:

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm just glad Dynatechs weren't even on the poll.

I'm contractually obligated to say...

DON'T BUY DYNATECH!!! :fu:

:321::naughty::tdown::thud::zipped::furious::sick::lemon::tp::piss::puke::dead::poop::bs::screw: :wtf::crapthread::moon: :kill:

Has Anyone Heard of OBX or Pacesetter Stainless Steal Headers?
For the Price I am quessing they are crap..

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sides if you go by length the kooks actually amount to a mid length header, not a true longtube. I may be mistaken but the ARH headers are among the longest out there

As far as JBA goes, the fitment problems on both of my friends cars were enormous and they each had the header resting, and clunking into the pass side frame rail.

I jsut couldnt recommend the jbas to anyone

ARH FTW, followed by bassani

Ok, I have got a Stupid Question.
At what point does the Long tube length become usless. I have heard that the MAC 3/4 header makes just as much power as the JBA LT. Is this a lie?

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I'll let you know. Mine go in this week.

John

B

Boostlag

Has anyone tried the Mac longtubes w/ prochamber? Im curious,because im not cheap,but I ran Mac prochamber on my fox mustang,I liked it but it droned pretty good at a certain speed. I want to run full mac Header-back exhaust on the S197 im getting (cant imagine paying 700-800-900 for headers alone,im not cheap,just cant do it),and on the foxbodies,Mac was the leading exhaust system that had proven to have more hp and tq numbers than any other system on the market. They even had a write up about installing a prochamber in MM FF one issue. You just dont hear a lot about mac,as opposed to other companies,so I figure I would ask in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Mac longtubes w/ prochamber? Im curious,because im not cheap,but I ran Mac prochamber on my fox mustang,I liked it but it droned pretty good at a certain speed. I want to run full mac Header-back exhaust on the S197 im getting (cant imagine paying 700-800-900 for headers alone,im not cheap,just cant do it),and on the foxbodies,Mac was the leading exhaust system that had proven to have more hp and tq numbers than any other system on the market. They even had a write up about installing a prochamber in MM FF one issue. You just dont hear a lot about mac,as opposed to other companies,so I figure I would ask in here.

I think there are a couple of threads on the Mac setup on Brad Barnett's The Mustang Source forums (the system is down for maintenance until later today or I would have found the threads for you). As I recall, folks tended to like the sound just fine, but I also seem to recall a quality issue regarding cleaning up the ports and all that.

I have an offroad Mac Prochamber on my '97 Mustang GT vert daily driver, and it sounds just great. I also have the Mac axleback on my '05. It has a mean sound (and is very loud) combined with BBK shorty headers and Bassanic catted x-pipe:
http://media.putfile.com/Comp-Stage-3-cams (crank up the bass)

It will be interesting to see how the sound changes when I swap out the shorties and x pipe with longtubes and h-pipe.

John

B

Boostlag

I think there are a couple of threads on the Mac setup on Brad Barnett's The Mustang Source forums (the system is down for maintenance until later today or I would have found the threads for you). As I recall, folks tended to like the sound just fine, but I also seem to recall a quality issue regarding cleaning up the ports and all that.

I have an offroad Mac Prochamber on my '97 Mustang GT vert daily driver, and it sounds just great. I also have the Mac axleback on my '05. It has a mean sound (and is very loud) combined with BBK shorty headers and Bassanic catted x-pipe:
http://media.putfile.com/Comp-Stage-3-cams (crank up the bass)

It will be interesting to see how the sound changes when I swap out the shorties and x pipe with longtubes and h-pipe.

John

cool,that sounds good to me. thanks!

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I didn't have those problems with mine. :stir:

I also changed the x-member and went with solid motor mounts at the same time.

The x-member change did end up allowing a bunch more room on the passenger side.

At the time I got a good deal on mine, so I'm happy with them :thumb:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

The x-member change did end up allowing a bunch more room on the passenger side.

I dropped by the shop today to discuss an issue with a clamp while the '05 was on the lift, and noted that the passenger side has nearly 1/2" clearance, and the driver side abou 1/4" clearance. Note that's with BMR's tubular kmember and integrated motor mounts.

I'm more anxious about getting the front o2 sensors "tuned" since the bungs are about 1ft farther back...

John

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha, yeah I did the same thing and went with the BMR K-member, plenty of room with that setup.

I haven't had "much" trouble with the O2's. Every once in a great while, I'll throw a "slow lightoff" code on them, but it's not very often and strangely occurs after it's been raining out... Don't know what that has to do with it, just my observation and it doesn't rain much around here ;)

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

they both had solid mounts as well. both had them uninstalled and reinstalled by a different shop with the same result for both. one had an x, one with an h. the x guy ended up switching to the H though

maybe you got lucky

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ARH LT Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($1,395.00)Complete Kit
Kooks LT ($933.90) Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($515.00) ($1448.95) Complete Kit
JBA LT ($999.95) Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($499.95) ($1499.90) Complete Kit
Mac 3/4 ($445.55 ) Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($417.53) ($863.08) Complete Kit
Bassani LT ($1,132.89) Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($420.75) ($1553.64) Complete Kit
BBK LT ($515.41)Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($351.97) ($867.38) Complete Kit
SLP LT ($890.95) Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($504.85) ($1395.80) Complete Kit
Borla LT Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($1,182.99)Complete Kit need custom cats (300 extra)
Hooker LT ($699.95) Cats H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($515.00) ($1214.95) Complete Kit
Stainless Works H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($1,500.00)Complete Kit
OBX LT Header H-Pipe or X-Pipe ($515.00) Complete Kit
Here is the List updated with Prices found on the WEB ARH are not that bad of price.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Which demonstrates why it pays to not only shop, but post on forums regarding looking for the best price. I got my JBA (titanium coated) and stainless h-pipe for $750 shipped--vendors came to me with the prices, and I just waited a few days until one seemed too good to be true and jumped on it. My guess is they had older inventory to unload. Of course, the clamps for the axleback/midpipe connection weren't included (the ones on my existing Bassani xpipe wouldn't work) and I shelled out $70 for a new set.

I'm curious how they'll sound with my loud as shit Mac axleback--I find out tomorrow.

John

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back