Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Hooker LT Headers

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no love for the SLPs? One of their quality control guys is my neighbor at my summer house

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Mac. My budy is a builder. He ordered Ram-Horns for a 327 in a 56 Chevy wagon. He had to re-order them 3 times because they kept showing up with pin holes in several of the welds...which don't show up until they are on the car and start blowing fumes and noise...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Mac. My budy is a builder. He ordered Ram-Horns for a 327 in a 56 Chevy wagon. He had to re-order them 3 times because they kept showing up with pin holes in several of the welds...which don't show up until they are on the car and start blowing fumes and noise...
I have run into a set of MAC shorties for the 05 on which the flange is rotated so, the bolt is too close to the block and the flange not in the right place to mate up with the stock exhaust - so color me not a fan of MAC either...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I bought the same mac shorties (1 3/4). It had a leak in one weld so I had to get it welded again. I wanted long tubes but want to still be some.what legal.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Hum...The guys at Mac seem nice enough, but I am seeing a small trend here...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
at the time I didnt think I had much of an option. I needed shorties to stay semi legal and macs I think were the only ones at the time with a bigger 1 3/4 header and for $350 ish. If I was not in Cali I would run LT's and enjoy my 40hp more. IT Sucks here.. Installing Short tube headers on a 600hp car is like wearing a c@ck ring for my car! :tdown:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
at the time I didnt think I had much of an option. I needed shorties to stay semi legal and macs I think were the only ones at the time with a bigger 1 3/4 header and for $350 ish. If I was not in Cali I would run LT's and enjoy my 40hp more. IT Sucks here.. Installing Short tube headers on a 600hp car is like wearing a c@ck ring for my car! :tdown:

:funnypost:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
What...you don't have a summer house?

You have a summer car. It only makes sense to have a summer house to park it at.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
My summer house?!?!?!?! Shit....gloat why don't you. :onfire:
Why would he gloat??? It's not all that great of a place.

Beach_Shack_2.jpg

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
That's Cape Cod!!! I love the NE beaches. I would take it too!!!

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was able to pickup JBA Longtube Headers today for a song, Brand New in the Box 380.00. I need to get a Mid Pipe with cats ( I live in Virginia and they do ODBII testing every 2 years) and yearly safety inspections yearly so I need Cats.

I have read that some states view Headers as "Off Road Only" that they are not street leagal? if thats the case then why sell catted mid pipes for LT headers??????

How hard are they to install on the S197? Can I buy the Gaskets at the parts store?
and should I replace the stock header bolts? ...

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What...you don't have a summer house?

You have a summer car. It only makes sense to have a summer house to park it at.

Yea, here is my summer home, it's mobile. :clap: No wise cracks, yea it's a chevy

Attachments

• DCP_2340.jpg
    DCP_2340.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 19

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
WOW, Bingo... Marc, I did not know you were a beach Connoisseur :laughlots:

I like anything WET and anything fast enough for me to do something stupid on. on a good night, they are both the same...errr..aaa...ride, yea, we'll go with that one.:doggy:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back