Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Hooker LT Headers

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Where's this one ?????

Hummm... The type of sand combined with the type of clouds and the color of water, maybe cent or northern cali. water is too blue for the NE and the clouds are too thin and high, which tells me it was really cold in that picture...possibly not US.

I give up...where is it?

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wait, is it VA Beach?

Nope thats Florida Panhandle near biloxi Ms. I was doing work at Hurlburt Field after hurricane Katrina.

Here's a beach I grew up at

Attachments

• pompano-beach.jpg
    pompano-beach.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Sweet....I miss Florida. I am going back on the 13th of this month. Gonna go see mom for a few weeks.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet....I miss Florida. I am going back on the 13th of this month. Gonna go see mom for a few weeks.
You will have fun..

Anyway back on Topic...
What do you think of the Headers? JBA for as cheap as I got them. are they worth it?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Oh yea. Very good deal. Not sure about the mid-pipe though...Maybe Excessive has something or AA Speed can make one for you out of your original cats. You're gonna need them for inspection...

AA took care of my friend with the Chevy wagon for under $300 for a custom system.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope thats Florida Panhandle near biloxi Ms. I was doing work at Hurlburt Field after hurricane Katrina.

Here's a beach I grew up at

I knew that was Florida somewhere because of the hurricane damage to the pier.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh yea. Very good deal. Not sure about the mid-pipe though...Maybe Excessive has something or AA Speed can make one for you out of your original cats. You're gonna need them for inspection...

AA took care of my friend with the Chevy wagon for under $300 for a custom system.
I did not get a Mid Pipe with the headers, these are just headers, The part number on the headers is 6675S JBA

I have read about counterfit headers on the net, I noticed that these had a lot of slag and other garbage in them.

PDRM4398.jpg

So I used a Fish tape and a rag to see what it was,
PDRM4396.jpg

PDRM4402.jpg

PDRM4400.jpg

Last edited:

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have read that some states view Headers as "Off Road Only" that they are not street legal? if thats the case then why sell catted mid pipes for LT headers??????

Technically, longtube headers are illegal everywhere. They are not street legal in ANY state.

The reason that they are illegal is that it is against Federal Law to move or otherwise alter the factory equipped catalytic converters.

However against the law it may be, the reality is that it's not something that's enforced the same way in any one given state.

Where there are loopholes, there's a market... that's why they sell them!

And if you're wondering...yes, I have longtubes.. the same ones you do.
:evil:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I did not get a Mid Pipe with the headers, these are just headers, The part number on the headers is 6675S JBA

I have read about counterfit headers on the net, I noticed that these had a lot of slag and other garbage in them.

So I used a Fish tape and a rag to see what it was,

Damn, that looks pretty shitty. I would give them a real good rinse before they go in. You blow that crap into cats or mufflers you'll be buying new ones for sure...

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, that looks pretty shitty. I would give them a real good rinse before they go in. You blow that crap into cats or mufflers you'll be buying new ones for sure...
I am cleaning them all out, a little used motor oil and rags pulled through
several times should clean them out. most of the stuff was metal.

Marc, hehehe want to help put them on ???? :evil: I can't let you have all the fun !!!
Power wise that is....

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Technically, longtube headers are illegal everywhere. They are not street legal in ANY state.

The reason that they are illegal is that it is against Federal Law to move or otherwise alter the factory equipped catalytic converters.

However against the law it may be, the reality is that it's not something that's enforced the same way in any one given state.

Where there are loopholes, there's a market... that's why they sell them!

And if you're wondering...yes, I have longtubes.. the same ones you do.
:evil:

How do you like them? what setup do you have?

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love em! I've got JBA Longtubes, bought them slightly used from Powerhouse 411. They were on their project car before they decided to go turbo. I picked mine up for just a tad over $600, which at the time was a good deal. They've come down in price quite a bit since then, sounds like you got a smokin deal on yours :thumb:

I spent a couple of hundred more dollars having them coated inside and out by HPC Coatings here in Arizona and that was WELL worth it. Within about 30 min after shutoff, my headers are actually touchable. Really keeps the heat down.

I've got JBA's catted H-Pipe behind them.

I loved the sound I had with my FRPP Stingers, but after a year of running with that setup, the drone became too much to bear. I'm running them with GTA's now. A little quieter, no mind numbing drone and still sounds pretty good outside the car. Kind of a tradeoff.

I have no real idea how much power I'm making with them, but it was nice jump that I can feel, that's all that matters to me.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I
I have no real idea how much power I'm making with them, but it was nice jump that I can feel, that's all that matters to me.

After picking up my car following the install of tubular k-member and JBA headers/h-pipe last week, I called the shop up and asked what they did with the tune. Absolutely nothing I was told, other than an hour with it on the road ensuring the a/f was OK, and something about the 02 sensor return timing (since the bung is farther downstream). Yet, this was a whole new car with a completely different feel. We're going to dyno it again later this month, so I'll have a good idea what the headers added. But the seat of the pants is I have a quicker car.

John

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I attempted to install the drivers side header last night, Not good, I lifted the engine about 2 inches and I could not get past the stearing shaft. I removed all the manifold studs, and the motor mound bracket still no luck. I am afraid to remove the K Member since the car is sitting on the front tires on ramps.

So Any Hints on how to do this? it's like a rubics cube..

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I attempted to install the drivers side header last night, Not good, I lifted the engine about 2 inches and I could not get past the stearing shaft. I removed all the manifold studs, and the motor mound bracket still no luck. I am afraid to remove the K Member since the car is sitting on the front tires on ramps.

So Any Hints on how to do this? it's like a rubics cube..
Did you disconnect the steering shaft from the steering rack?

onebadgsx

Reaction score
you have to disconnect the steering shaft by removing the bolt at the coupling and the drivers side mounting bolt for the rack, the nut is welded on so you have to pull the bolt out from the top with long extensions, then slide the rack forward enough so then coupling comes apart. then completely pull the motor mount bracket and the header will slide into place.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you have to disconnect the steering shaft by removing the bolt at the coupling and the drivers side mounting bolt for the rack, the nut is welded on so you have to pull the bolt out from the top with long extensions, then slide the rack forward enough so then coupling comes apart. then completely pull the motor mount bracket and the header will slide into place.

I tried to with no sucess, any detailed pictures on the bolt and coupling you are talking about?

onebadgsx

Reaction score

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back