Looking for a replacement car

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
I say get you a used 11-12.They can be had around here for 22-25.Look for what you want on autotrader.Then go buy a plane ticket and fly to the dealership that has the car you want.Then drive her home.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Forget the 66 as a DD. Really bad idea. Just get a 05-09 as good deals are out there. Forget financing anything till your out of school and have a good job.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Getting a 66 as the alternative to your bike could leave you up a creek real fast. That 66 will not be a weather friendly car and will require more maintenance. Chances of running into foul weather where your 66 is down and your bike is unsafe due to conditions would be way too much of a hassle for me.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
^ The OP lives in Southern CA, I don't think he has to worry about bad weather.

Buy the 66 and put AC in. If you end up hating it, sell it and buy a 5.0.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
that price is VERY high for a 65/66. remember, they made 1.5 million of them and coupes are the most common.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I love the classic mustangs , as I too dd one some through college. Like has been said, great on great days, not so great on bad weather days. get a used 3v , take the rest of the money and pay off the bike. /thread

hastethedav

forum member
Reaction score
Going to hold off and borrow my dads spare tahoe as long as I can until I get some cash saved up and then go from there.

Paying off the bike in the long run isnt bad, my monthly payment is $150 and its 2.9% APR

Going to keep my eyes peeled for something that catches my eye. Want to make it a car that I can see myself in for a while so holding off should be best

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I would make that a 2011+ then lol.. Or if you really want to swing the $$ get a Z06

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Atleast I don't have to deal with inspections or getting my car passed on smog.
Fuck ca and their laws. Lol

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I say buy a used '11 or '12. Put 20k down or whatever you have. Finance the remaining for 3-4 years,have a low payment and that way If you have a tight month you can still pay the payment amount. Otherwise you could pay it off in 2 or 3 years paying more than the payment amount.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back