Mac Longtube Header install

srt2stang725

Reaction score
Has anyone installed them? Do you need to pull the starter, and if so is that a big deal? Ive never pulled a starter before....any input? Thanks!

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed them? Do you need to pull the starter, and if so is that a big deal? Ive never pulled a starter before....any input? Thanks!

pulling the starter is no big deal, there are 3 bolts holding it. 2 of them you can see and one of the you can feel. use a 1/4" drive with a 6 or 8 inch ext and a universal. its really no sweat. its removing the motor mount bracket from the engine that gets to be a pain, you will definitely need some deep sockets to do this install

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
disconnect the battery or you are in for a shocking experience. hehe

2005redgt

Reaction score
I have an uncatted MAC Prochamber that I love the sound of, I just can't stand the smell any longer. I am considering going with Mac Header and catted prochamber, so I am intrested in hearing all the feedback you get here. I am also curious if the install is any less or more difficult than other LT installs for the 05+.

-Bryan

srt2stang725

Reaction score
I will keep you posted Bryan....you interested in selling that prochamber maybe, I might be interested.

So there is nothing i need to know about putting the starter back in? it will just bolt up easy?

srt2stang725

Reaction score
also, i cant seem to find it anywhere.....does anyone have the torque sequence for the headers? The only thing I could find is that i have to torque them from the inside studs out....i cant find torque specs or the sequence..

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
disconnect the battery or you are in for a shocking experience. hehe

infact, you will be miles ahead to remove the battery and the trey. if you can't find tq. specs then a good rule of thumb is "inside out".

usafimj

Reaction score
I just removed the 3 bolts from the starter also. More space to slide the LT's in. As for the header bolts I hand tightened them and then did them from the inside/out

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back