Mac prochamber h pipe

mike13oy

Reaction score
Hi, Someone is selling me a used no cats mac prochamber for under $150. Should i buy it? Is this a good one? Do i need a tune to pass state inspection in Tx?
thanks

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
1) Decent Price
2) IS it good in terms of what sense?
3) In the major cities they do sniff tests now, not sure where in Houston you live. But with out cats you will fail a sniff test.
4) This really isn't tech.

mike13oy

Reaction score
Yeah, you wont pass inspection in h-town with it, if they look.

So if they dont look, i will pass right? lol
I guess i have to give him a tip after i pass inspection or I can remove it and put my stocker back when time for inspection.

Do i need a tune for this?

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run an offroad Prochamber for 364 days per year, and a catted Xpipe for 1 day ... to get inspected.

Harris County (and surrounding) do not do sniff tests, they do ODBII computer tests. You must have cats present because the car's computer will report "NOT READY" to the inspector's computer without them, regardless of whether they look under your car. And two "NOT READY" flags earn you a giant fail. The tune has nothing to do with it.

So buy it, and also buy a catted midpipe for inspections. Or borrow someone's. Leave your sister with me for collateral and you can borrow mine for a few days.

Last edited:
Back