Might be selling, questions??

hdmlnium

low 10 sec club....lol
Reaction score
I might be selling my 2008 Roush 428R.
A lot of you here know the build up of my car.
Between buying the car new and then putting another 35000.00 into the car I have over $85000.00 into the car. Nothing but the best parts went into this car. I only have about 600 miles on the new JDM 298ci longblock. On the break in tune the car made 627 hp and with a smaller blower pulley and a race tune the car should make over 700 hp at the wheels and be able to break into the 9's in the 1/4 mile. I went 10.3's on JDM day at 135 mph on the break in tune. The car is perfect in every way and I'm and just in the posision that I need to pay off a couple of bills and this is the only that I can come up with to pay them in a timely manner..
Any Ideas on this and if I did sell the car what do we think would be a fair price for me and the buyer?

Thaks for any help..
Bill

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you keep all of the take off parts to include the complete engine? I think that makes a big difference from a collectable standpoint. I wonder if total stock is worth more to the diehards. The ones I know are sticky about stuff like that.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My guess is since the car/bulild are so new you may get high 30's to low 40's.

Your car is very nice, if you can you should figure out another way. You would kick yourself forever for getting rid of it. :2cents:

KIM_05_GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow..That is some awesome power for a roushcharger. Or is it a TVS?

Last edited:

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
It would be tough to get your money back out of that thing. It is beautiful but it's hard to get good money for a modded car.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well here's the deal right now their is no " fair price " with the f'ed up economy you wont sell it if you ask a fair price on your side , but if you sell at buyers fair price you'll be screwed its catch 22 just to make an example i bought my car dec.07 went to trade it in feb 08 ( for a gt500 )with 2700 miles on it they offered me $13,000 less than what i had just paid , now you do have a "collectors car " so you may be able to get a little more than normal for it but you'll still loose your ass , hope you the best man only other thing i can think of is to sell the longblock and install a stock one back that you can pick up anywhere to recoupe some of it ....

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Hate to be a vulture but if the longblaock comes out, let me know

I think that's pretty much hitting the nail on the head.

If you part it out you'll get WAYYY more of your money back. Sure, it'll take more time and effort, but you'll get back a lot more of your hard earned duckets.

Just my .02. IMMV. ;)

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I think that's pretty much hitting the nail on the head.

If you part it out you'll get WAYYY more of your money back. Sure, it'll take more time and effort, but you'll get back a lot more of your hard earned duckets.

Just my .02. IMMV. ;)

+1 And as far as fair price I'd say 28-30 if lucky.Hard to find private buyer with 30G's cash in hand

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its just unfortunate that these cars once modded just dont seem to get their value.

you may know "Nitrous Pete" had a 07 TVS blown 10 second car built by JDM, I heard it went for 19K, he started at 28K iirc

if you still have the stock long block you'd get more IMO to drop that in an sell the JDM 298 on its own.

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
its just unfortunate that these cars once modded just dont seem to get their value.

you may know "Nitrous Pete" had a 07 TVS blown 10 second car built by JDM, I heard it went for 19K, he started at 28K iirc

if you still have the stock long block you'd get more IMO to drop that in an sell the JDM 298 on its own.

Wow. That's a GREAT deal for the buyer. :eek:

I love this Roush, I just don't have the coin to drop. This car is going to make someone really happy. :)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nitrous Petes car was a stock long block though correct?

yes it was a stock l/b - Here are the details from the ad:

A friend of mine is selling his 08 GT Mustang Automatic with Roush TVS blower. Only 6k miles on her. Basically setup like mine . Stock automatic/converter/suspension. Has turned a best of 10.57 @ 131mph. Candy Apple Red with all options.

Hid Lights, shaker 1000, Auto , 18" Polish aluinum rims ,
Interior light group, Active anti theft System, Leather seats, GT Appeaance package.
am fm Stero /6- cd indash /mp3, ambient lighting
6300 miles,
Roush blower tvs , Spyder shaft, Diablo, 373 gear, Rear arms , UPR.

hdmlnium

low 10 sec club....lol
Reaction score
Just to give you guys an update. I have decided to keep this car and work on other means to pay my bills.. lol
Thanks for the replies though..:beer:

Bill

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Just to give you guys an update. I have decided to keep this car and work on other means to pay my bills.. lol

Bill

yeah,I kindd figured you'll do that LOL

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Bill

about time you start thinking straight lol , btw nice article on your car .....

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to agree....good choice on keeping your car....from what I have seen I think i was one of the last lucky ones who got a great sale price for his modded car...with the economy the way it is...the smartest move is what you did....your car sounds sick.....great move

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Bill
Great decision. I saw the car at FFW and it's a beauty.

Back