Modular Depot... sucks?

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
The car made 599 rwhp on race gas and 633 rwhp with a 35 shot. I'm using 110. I guess the car still has some belt slip though.... the snout brace from thump_rrr doesn't work with my 2.4 KB so I dont know what to do. Can't they adjust the thump_rrr tensioner and tighten up the belt?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
What size pulley and how much boost is it making. Do you have the drf file or a copy of the dyno run where boost is logged? DRF file would be better.

Meikol02

Reaction score
The car made 599 rwhp on race gas and 633 rwhp with a 35 shot. I'm using 110. I guess the car still has some belt slip though.... the snout brace from thump_rrr doesn't work with my 2.4 KB so I dont know what to do. Can't they adjust the thump_rrr tensioner and tighten up the belt?

Sounds like nice numbers to me.

The Tensioner can keep the belt tighter than spec and still slip. The thing the "Snout brace" and MoSaleen system address is the belt wrap on the pulley. Obviously they don't work with your new setup, but same concept. The more contact area on the pulley (with proper belt tension) the less chance to slip. That's why guys go to 8 rib setups on higher boost application.

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
I thought I had read that he had the 8 rib setup already. Can you post all of the specifics of your build.

Meikol02

Reaction score
I went back through this thread and I can't tell from the pics if ti is 6 or 8 rib. Although it doesn't look like the belt can wrap around that pulley any more with the way it is routed.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
It is an 8 rib setup...

I asked for a dyno sheet but only got the hp, tq, and a/f. When I asked for a drf file Greg didn't say anything so I asked again a few hours ago but havent heard back from him and they have closed since.

Greg informed me today that my tuner for some reason does not work and they have no idea why. Also, they said that there is still belt slip and they can't fix it. I don't know if they tried adjusting the pullies or not but he said they have the tightest belt they could get on there. Right now they are working on "simple drive ability" stuff and he expects to get me the car back by the first or middle of next week.

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
WTF is up with the labor bill? Issues like this make me scared to even try and go FI on my 06 gt. I'm glad there are shops like Brenspeed and JDM that uphold a good rep for the mustang market.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what size pulley. I want to say it is a 3.1" from Reichard Racing (sp?) And the throttle body is Kenny Bell's monoblade throttlebody,130 mm maybe?

Meikol02

Reaction score
Like I posted above, I don't see how there is any way to get more wrap on that pulley, and if it is already tight and still slipping seams a limit has been reached with that blower.

A friend of mine with a stupid amount of money in his car had a similiar issue with the belt and he had just run out of blower for his motor build (too much motor potential for the blower to keep up). Had to go to a bigger blower and pulley to get enough surface area to keep the belt from slipping. Something to think about.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
are you using a stock size crank pulley?

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Like I posted above, I don't see how there is any way to get more wrap on that pulley, and if it is already tight and still slipping seams a limit has been reached with that blower.

A friend of mine with a stupid amount of money in his car had a similiar issue with the belt and he had just run out of blower for his motor build (too much motor potential for the blower to keep up). Had to go to a bigger blower and pulley to get enough surface area to keep the belt from slipping. Something to think about.

Well the pump gas tune is at 15 psi and has a considerable amount of belt slip, and I didn't think that was a lot of boost. The race gas is over 17 psi but not sure on the exact amount.

I don't think upgrading the whole sc would financially be the best option for me... and I'm happy with what my car is making.

Can the belt slip cause any serious problems?

And I have a 10% overdrive crank pulley

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
What rpm is it making peak boost at and what has it dropped to at your peak rpm?

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
It's hard to say because the one dyno graph I have (from the pump gas) the boost is all over the place. I still haven't heard back from Greg so I don't have a graph with the boost or the drf file.

I'm expecting my car beginning of next week and no later than Wednesday so we will see what happens. What do you guys think I should do if that's the case?

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
SUHleen,
I have followed this car on your youtube page. The recent post on there sounds pretty good. But I guess that was just sitting at idle. Hope they can get all the issues solved for you,

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back