My 05 GT, GT500 swap build thread

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Wow dude that is awesome. You've made some killer progress already. Subbed for more pics. :thumb2:

I wanted to get in some good progress before starting this thread. I got a lot done over the weekend, so I figured it was time.

FWIW, The main body harness where it passes through the passenger fender well was nearly sliced through. It took me 4 1/2 hours on Saturday night to repair it. I laid it out in my living room and watched 3 movies while I did it. I didn't get any pics unfortunately, but it was 46 wires sliced through, 12 damaged wires, and of those there were 6 pairs that were "like" in color (2 red/white stripe, 2 brown/green stripe, 2 all white, etc). Following the wiring diagram I had to find the beginning and end of each of those to make sure I was connecting the right ones. It wasn't any fun at all. However, my soldering skills are now quite refined.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Looking at that dyno sheet, I see why the car got totaled....
He was actually stopped at a stoplight. Got rear ended by a Dodge Durango at 65 mph. It pushed him into an oncoming car that just clipped the front RH corner.

dude congrats!!! what did the donar car cost if you dont mind me asking?
I almost hate to say it. Nobody will believe it. I initially just bought the drive train out of the car, and part of the deal was for me to take the whole car to my house to remove what I needed so I knew I had everything for the swap. After I got it to my house, I inquired about a price for the rest of the car as I really wanted that clean low mile interior. The price was right, so I ended up just buying the whole thing.

For right now, let's just say it was well below market value.

Are you going to run those wheels from the donor?

RH

No, two of them are broken, but I do have 3 good 20" tires. I'll get info and some pics of the two good wheels to see if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
Well it looks awesome congrats on the steal!

08GTCA

forum member
Reaction score
That is some fast work on your part. There really is a lot of work involved with what your doing. You are doing an awesome job.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
He was actually stopped at a stoplight. Got rear ended by a Dodge Durango at 65 mph. It pushed him into an oncoming car that just clipped the front RH corner.

I was just referencing the 666hp number. That thing was cursed from the start.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I was just referencing the 666hp number. That thing was cursed from the start.
I didn't even think about that. Having it dyno'd is the first thing on my agenda when it's running, hopefully the numbers won't be exactly what they were before.

Black_MagicGT

forum member
Reaction score
I need to change what I'm going to school for...to do something like this, to me seems impossible. I would love to be able to do this! Great job man! Looks awesome!!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
where did you look around to find your seats?

I bought just the skins as takeoffs from Shelby. I checked almost daily for a year before a set finally popped up. Then I bought new upper foams from ford and swapped it all onto my 05 gt seats.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
they look sick man, i want to do something different with the seats on mine and would love to find some of the shelby skins

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
^^yes, It is all awesome!!
He will have a Shelby for a whole lot less, I would think. Just a whole lot more blood,sweat, and tears:)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back