My 4.6L to GT500 5.4L swap

Reaction score
probably a lot better than it does in a hurricane! *rimshot*.
Seriously, if we have another winter this year like we did last, I'm moving into a volcano.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Hurricane!?!?! When was the last time Tampa had a Hurricane??? I have lived here 4 years and not had one.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
^Luckily, thankfully it isn't like that one year where we got hit by like 4-5 in a row. I remember i went for a drive after, couldn't really even go anywhere- all the trees, powerlines, fences, all sorts of shit blocking roads..

/tread jack

Bruce, i will be giving you a text/call Wednesday morning/afternoon. You just want the taillights, side markers right? I'll attempt the 3rd brake light but by the sounds of it, it may not come out. Man i am stoked to c this thing.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Cool man, Again I appreciate it. I will have my brother leave both keys, you can't drive it, but I don't mind if you start it up... In fact it will prolly need a little idle time, it's been sitting for a week now... :(

Boozshey

Reaction score
Well with the Steeda Tri-Ax on it, it feels just as notchy as the Hurst that I had on the other. I also have 4.10 gears and with the 5spd I wouldn't hardly ever use first gear because it was pretty useless. With this though, I can use first again. It's also a very strange feeling shifting into that 6th gear. While I'm driving it, I had to keep reminding myself it was there and the RPMs drop immediately...

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Cool man, Again I appreciate it. I will have my brother leave both keys, you can't drive it, but I don't mind if you start it up... In fact it will prolly need a little idle time, it's been sitting for a week now... :(

Just saw your text, but hell yeah dude i can't wait for you 2 get back in town so i can check this out n c it run.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Anytime dude, man i was stoked to head out n check her out! lol Can't imagine your anxiousness..

Boozshey

Reaction score
Feel welcome to head over and check it out. I don't care one bit, you got the garage code...

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I live close, you live far... haha

Ok yeah that is true.. You, Chris, Paul, and the rest of all you tampa bastards make me drive out there for meets/events haha.

Time for my lazy ass to setup a club event on my side of town =). In all seriousness though, your back roads over that way are way better. Less crowded, n its always a good time.:beer:

Oh yeah, i still owe you that beer for the free BBR fuse box cover..

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
every time i get the crazy idea to put a motor that isnt a 3v 4.6 in my car, i come back to this thread to remind myself how crazy you are!

hope everything works out for you this time around.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Ok yeah that is true.. You, Chris, Paul, and the rest of all you tampa bastards make me drive out there for meets/events haha.

Time for my lazy ass to setup a club event on my side of town =). In all seriousness though, your back roads over that way are way better. Less crowded, n its always a good time.:beer:

Oh yeah, i still owe you that beer for the free BBR fuse box cover..

back your happy ass up there buddy.....it takes me 45 min to get to chris's and 1 hour to ge to bruces.........so im in the middle, takes me an hour in any direction to meet up with you guys.....atleast when there is a orlando event its right next door for you......:asskiss1:

Boozshey

Reaction score
every time i get the crazy idea to put a motor that isnt a 3v 4.6 in my car, i come back to this thread to remind myself how crazy you are!

hope everything works out for you this time around.

:beer:

back your happy ass up there buddy.....it takes me 45 min to get to chris's and 1 hour to ge to bruces.........so im in the middle, takes me an hour in any direction to meet up with you guys.....atleast when there is a orlando event its right next door for you......:asskiss1:

Yeah, this area sure isn't easy to get around... Like you said, it takes you 45 minutes for you to get to Chris's and an hour to get to me. That's 15 minutes different, however, it takes me 45 minutes to get to Chris's!!! :bs:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Lol @ Pauls comment.. I still live the furthest out =p. Anywho, i'll talk to you guys later time to get my study on. =(

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
So I have been eyeballing GT500 auctions lately on copart and other sites, a few of them go for 5k or so....hmmm.
Boozshey just out of curiosity how much did you pick yours up for?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back