My 4.6L to GT500 5.4L swap

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What exactly is considering good pricing on one?

Boozshey

Reaction score
Well the motors alone sometime sell upwards of $8000 all by themself. So...

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
yeah i got mine for 8500 but then about 250 for the shipping. it was pretty well dressed tho just need a few etc things not much tho

Imatk

Reaction score
Hey guys I just finished getting this done myself.

I have a question that maybe you can answer?

Since your car is an '05 (mine is an '06) did you get a TPMS error for the tire sensors?

Or should I say do you get it now?

I have the error, but don't know how to get rid of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Boozshey

Reaction score
I am getting the TPMS error yes. In order to clear it, you will have to buy the straps, get them installed onto your wheels and then buy the remote to mate them with your car. It's $149.00 from LMR if I remember correctly.

Imatk

Reaction score
Now I don't have the body harness like you did, we just re-pinned the GT harness so I'm wondering if that will actually work for mine.

Also for some reason my cruise control doesn't work.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why we did the entire body harness including dash harness. We didn't want to re-pin anything and hope that it would work.

To tell you the truth, I don't even know where the tire sensor communicates to inside the car. Did you happen to located the receiver for them someplace inside the car?

Boozshey

Reaction score
the one area that has something different is behind the fuse box in the engine bay on the passenger strut area. there is a box that i dont think was on the 4.6 not sure what that is.... do you have that?

Imatk

Reaction score
I just spoke with my parts guy... apparently the sensor is in the smart junction box, so unless I swap that and the body harness then I can't get it to work... oh well :)

If I had a friggin '07 then I'd be ok, but because our cars '05-'06 didn't have TPMS it won't work.

I wish I could just figure out how to turn it off anyway... not sure why we need sensors to tell us our tires need air.

Imatk

Reaction score
Oh I had another question for you.

Did you have to swap your ABS module out?

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
I just saw a feature car on a vista blue gt like mine that had the 5.4 swap your doing in muscle mustangs and fast fords i believe ( i suscribe to them and 5.0) and that thing was clean, good luck with your build and kudos on the hard work

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back