My experience with my 2012 GT500 and the second gear grind issue

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I ran the torque limiter solution by them, they'd be willing to try it, but after the new parts arrive. As of right now, they are listed as back ordered.

So whatever part # is in the system for the latest gt500 clutch/shifter, theyre saying they can't get them and don't know when.

If you can get the clutch part number from them, I'd like to know it. The clutch I just got here was also backordered but finally arrived. If it happens to be the part number they're waiting on, I'd be glad to sell it to your dealer as I no longer need it. Most likely it is not though.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
If you can get the clutch part number from them, I'd like to know it. The clutch I just got here was also backordered but finally arrived. If it happens to be the part number they're waiting on, I'd be glad to sell it to your dealer as I no longer need it. Most likely it is not though.

Able to check and see if there is a newer part # than the one you have?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Able to check and see if there is a newer part # than the one you have?

According to Ford DOESII (Ford parts ordering system), the clutch I have here is DR3Z-7B546-A and there is no updating part number. It is showing as backordered currently with a "Demand exceeds supply" comment.

So based on that information, there is not a newer number than this, and this is likely the part number your dealer has on order.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
According to Ford DOESII (Ford parts ordering system), the clutch I have here is DR3Z-7B546-A and there is no updating part number. It is showing as backordered currently with a "Demand exceeds supply" comment.

So based on that information, there is not a newer number than this, and this is likely the part number your dealer has on order.

I just called them again, and they said the clutch has arrived, but waiting on the shifter now.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Shifter arrived today too. The part # of the clutch they ordered had a "C" in the beginning.

That's the latest update for the '12 clutch. That's been out for sometime now, and is the clutch that's used for the TSB on the 07-09's. It's the same clutch I just installed in mine.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
That's the latest update for the '12 clutch. That's been out for sometime now, and is the clutch that's used for the TSB on the 07-09's. It's the same clutch I just installed in mine.

Dumb dealer lied to me.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Dumb dealer lied to me.

Maybe just a misunderstanding....

:roflmao:

BMR K-Member + JPC Engine Mounts + Modded CHE Brace + Custom Trans Mounts + Updated Clutch = One expensive way to ensure the gear is hit.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

BMR K-Member + JPC Engine Mounts + Modded CHE Brace + Custom Trans Mounts + Updated Clutch = One expensive way to ensure BMR Kelley gets to go on a cruise this year.

Fixed.:clap:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

BMR K-Member + JPC Engine Mounts + Modded CHE Brace + Custom Trans Mounts + Updated Clutch = One expensive way to ensure the gear is hit.

I have steeda engine mounts sitting here, it'd be nice if they work with the bmr k member.

How does the CHE Brace need to be modded to work with the bmr k member? Because I have a che brace sitting here, plus a mgw shifter.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I ran with just the MGW for a bit, and while it didn't grind like yours it was hard as hell to get into gear and had to be forced. I put in lethal performance lowered motor mounts and it shifts pretty much like butter now. I have a feeling that once you get your motor mounts in you'll be very happy with them. The only thing I feel that could maybe make things better would some shims on the slave.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
and the dealer scratched and dented my quarter panel. Lovely.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

Man that sucks. My car is at the dealer right now having the transmission pump replaced. I'm a nervous wreck thinking something just like this will happen to my car....

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. My car is at the dealer right now having the transmission pump replaced. I'm a nervous wreck thinking something just like this will happen to my car....

They called me and stated they will fix it on their dime.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

That is great that they are fixing it but you still will have a brand new car with paint work. It's a shame that stuff like this happens but it seems to happen pretty often when you have to leave a car at the dealer.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

Damn the luck. Back in '05 when my '03 Cobra had 2900 miles on it, I had it in the shop for some a/c work and the tech had a big metal shelf fall over on it. They paid to fix it, but it just wasn't the same.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score

Man, your post seems like you are calm. Not sure I could be but it is just a post. I hope it isn't to bad and it is fixed to your satisfaction.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Man, your post seems like you are calm. Not sure I could be but it is just a post. I hope it isn't to bad and it is fixed to your satisfaction.

What would I accomplish by shoving a foot in their ass? What else could they give me instead of fixing their mistake?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back