My Long Awaited Build Take TWO!!! Doing it right the second time.

2010GT

forum member
Reaction score
/Subscribed Will be watching this thread with anticipation!! Great to see you going back togeather so soon man. Can't wait to see what numbers you can put out since you never got to see it from your last build.

Tom

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, its awesome you didnt give up. You will be very happy when its all said and done. Trust me, I speak from personal experience lol.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
This is like a sequal to an awesome movie, part 1 had everything but left us with an open ending, part two should tie up all the Loose ends and leave us with a big smile.

Best of luck man! we WILL be watching.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad to see it got to Florida in one piece. I see you got the ARP head studs in place, did you re torque all of the rod bolts?

This bottom end will serve you well, my last passes before deciding to go with the big block was a 10.22, 10.19, 10.28 (lifting) and a 10.13---all at 132-134 mph.

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
way to go, you'll love it when it's finished

Boozshey

Reaction score
re-torqued everything... Today I plan on putting the rest together. Had to goto ford to get all the one time bolts and wait for some in the mail. Everything is here now and ready to go.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Got the heads put together and on the motor. Need to wait for the GT500 oil pump to get here later this afternoon to finish up the rest.

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Hoping to save $6.00 with this handy zip-tie... We'll see.

9.jpg

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
I have nearly 14K miles on my kooks high flow cats and they're still kickin'! Yours were either just defective or what I think is most likely, that richer than fuck tune killed them.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
BTW, how did you learn how to do all of this? There's no way I could build my own engine. I'd screw something up badly for sure. I was lucky I could find very good info on doing cams (even then it was still a little scary), but that's my limit.

Boozshey

Reaction score
that richer than fuck tune killed them.

I'm thinking defective, or the guy I bought them from had jacked them up. It wasn't caused by my car. 1) Ford's own catalog richens the fuel trim to cool the cats when they get hot. 2) the car was fucked from the first start up. So there was no way that the cats died after 30 seconds of idling...

BTW, how did you learn how to do all of this?

Mechanics have always just made sense to me. Never taught and no formal training, just read and tinker a lot.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I figure if I make a mistake I will just learn and fix it later.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Very nice boozshey, glad to see your finally getting your ride back together. I'll be keeping a close eye on your build. Goodluck this time around. Im guessing your going to going minus cats this time right?

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
2) the car was fucked from the first start up.

Exactly. The tune was so fucked that during the days it ran the cats were damaged and caused the blow up. Ford making it a little richer to cool the cats does not mean they dump crap loads of fuel to cause you to always smell gas and have horrible MPG which you reported both. I have cats and don't have those two symptoms.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back