Need an Oil Seperator on the new 5.0? YEP!!

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
Did I misread the thread? I was under the impression the JLT units were shipping with the metal fittings instead of the plastic fittings.

The JLT unit I received today definitely feels like plastic fittings.

Am I retarded?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did I misread the thread? I was under the impression the JLT units were shipping with the metal fittings instead of the plastic fittings.

The JLT unit I received today definitely feels like plastic fittings.

Am I retarded?

Did you buy direct from JLT or a vendor?

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
My Moroso one came with brass fittings....
:stir:

The cost difference is more than just a pair of brass fittings though.

Indeed and you don't have to take it apart to drain either. It is a quality piece.

Looks like you have to put a cup underneath it to drain it. Unscrewing the JLT isn't difficult.

I will bitch that it needs better fittings though. The plastic gets weak after a while and you will break them if you don't hold the top of the can while unscrewing the bottom.

Last edited:

JDos1

forum member
Reaction score
The cost difference is more than just a pair of brass fittings though.

Looks like you have to put a cup underneath it to drain it. Unscrewing the JLT isn't difficult.

I will bitch that it needs better fittings though. The plastic gets weak after a while and you will break them if you don't hold the top of the can while unscrewing the bottom.

+1 Oh man, it's so labor intensive to turn the bottom can 7 rotations off and 7 rotations on. Beats having to get an external container to collect the fluid though.

See, the only complaint is something that JLT voluntarily offered a fix for. :p

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
JLT's have been coming with aluminum straight and glass filled 90* fitting for over a year.

If someone needs fittings my emails in my sig.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic here, Jay do you have any plans to adapt your separator for a Focus ST? :)

I had him look at my focus-non turbo- a while ago and he did not seem interested in it; I picked one up from S&H and it has not collected a drop so I don't think the Focus' need one.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The turbocharged one might though. :)

Jay, if you were closer I'd pop in. Kind of a long drive though. Figured it was worth an ask.

It might but I doubt it...my concern was with the engine being DI there might be some blow by but after 13K with the catch can and zero oil in the can I think Ford got that one right.

TommyV

Reaction score
I did my first oil change today with Amsoil SS 5W-30 and checked my new JLT. Installed it about a month ago. Approx. 2 table spoons. Me likey.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
It might but I doubt it...my concern was with the engine being DI there might be some blow by but after 13K with the catch can and zero oil in the can I think Ford got that one right.

I think I'm going to go ahead and make one from the JLT universal kit. JBR wants $200 freaking dollars for theirs and you have to have some kind of container to empty it as it only has a petcock. (....rofl). Now...to find that discount code. :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back