Need an Oil Seperator on the new 5.0? YEP!!

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Jay, I have the catch can on my N/A car now, but will be converted to Roush blown soon.

Do you sell a "conversion kit" to hook it up on the Roush, or do I need to go on the hunt for the correct tubing/fittings to make the can work?

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Jay, I have the catch can on my N/A car now, but will be converted to Roush blown soon.

Do you sell a "conversion kit" to hook it up on the Roush, or do I need to go on the hunt for the correct tubing/fittings to make the can work?

All you need is 1 fitting and yes we can sell you that and get you the direction on how to do it.
Does JLT make a pass side unit in black , but plain without any logo on top?

Not without the logo, but the logo is faint, not in your face.

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
This is the very first mod I have done to my car. On my Challenger I have a billet catch can and every oil change I have a few table spoons of oil in it. Getting a catch can is a no brainier to me as the oil going into the intake will eventually build up and rob the engine of HP. For cost comparison the billet cc was around the same price and the tubing wasn't as nice as the jlt cc. The jlt cc is a very well built product. I purchase both the passenger and driver's side cc. If you plan on keeping your car, IMO, this is a mst to get a cc.

BHD

forum member
Reaction score
I tried searching for an answer for my question but couldn't find. I ordered mine and its coming to Dubai, should I add NEW oil for each amount the can will catch? or few tablespoons won't effect if wasted?

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Just check yout oil as normal and add if needed. The Oz here and there in between oil changes won't add up to much.

ridenfish39

forum member
Reaction score
Hate to bump an old thread but I just grabbed one of these used and installed it Monday. Two days later I already have a little bit of oil in the can...wtf. I wish I would have done this sooner. Only problem is I got one with black fittings, I guess they are plastic. Very nice piece otherwise and it took a minute to put it on.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
Hate to bump an old thread but I just grabbed one of these used and installed it Monday. Two days later I already have a little bit of oil in the can...wtf. I wish I would have done this sooner. Only problem is I got one with black fittings, I guess they are plastic. Very nice piece otherwise and it took a minute to put it on.
JLT will send you new ones for the cost of shipping, good cs.

S197 in SC

Reaction score
I was looking at used Boss 302's and came across a Boss 302R for sale in Florida. While looking at the photos, I noticed one oil diverter mounted on the firewall and BOTH passenger and drivers side hoses were ran to it. There were simple caps placed on the inlets of the intake manifold.

Anyone have any reason we shouldn't do what Ford Racing did and use one catch can? Does it have anything to do with emissions? (we don't have emissions checks in South Carolina - just curious).

Thanks,
Mike

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking at used Boss 302's and came across a Boss 302R for sale in Florida. While looking at the photos, I noticed one oil diverter mounted on the firewall and BOTH passenger and drivers side hoses were ran to it. There were simple caps placed on the inlets of the intake manifold.

Anyone have any reason we shouldn't do what Ford Racing did and use one catch can? Does it have anything to do with emissions? (we don't have emissions checks in South Carolina - just curious).

Thanks,
Mike

I do believe that the PCV system is considered part of the emissions system.

S197 in SC

Reaction score
No, I know the PCV system is emissions related. What I'm curious about is if there would be a reason to run the drivers and passenger side lines to one oil separator, and then cap where the lines go into the intake manifold. Know what I mean?

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
No, I know the PCV system is emissions related. What I'm curious about is if there would be a reason to run the drivers and passenger side lines to one oil separator, and then cap where the lines go into the intake manifold. Know what I mean?

But then you wouldn't have any suction, so I'm not sure anything would actually flow into the catch can.

S197 in SC

Reaction score
But then you wouldn't have any suction, so I'm not sure anything would actually flow into the catch can.

Ahhh...see, I didn't think about that. I don't know. I'll have to do some more research. If you need me to post the pic I saw, I'll do what I can to find it.

Thanks again!
Mike

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

There are a couple of good threads on this. Do a little searching.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back