Need input for interior changes/clean up

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Gents, I'm looking to clean up the interior and subdue it a little bit. The plan is to vinyl wrap the center console and stereo face area. It has scratches from the previous owner. Would also like to do something with the vent trim rings. the chrome look is a bit much for my taste.

what do you think to keep it subtle and clean?

Center Console:
-actual leather/pleather to match arm rest look
-textured vinyl that imitates the look of the leather
-smooth vinyl satin or semi gloss black
-just paint it
-other idea?

for the trim rings I'm thinking just a satin black. The goal is a clean look, I'm not a fan of adding a bunch of color or carbon fiber.

FYI, exterior of car will be white with silver stripes

thanks
mike

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
People are thinking it, but I am gonna ask it. What is up with the shift knob?

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score

Haha, it was on the car when I got it. Need to find an adapter to get the Shelby knob back on there. But yeah, it's different...

Mike

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

Bahahaha! Yep, that was my first thought!

OP, I am not going to offer any advice on this since I drive a base model with the world's most plain Jane interior ever! If you want "subdued," you can't get any more subdued than that!

However, I'd also like to spice things up a bit on my interior so I am sub'd for some ideas for myself.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
You could go with an all carbon fiber, but that stuff is expensive, so I'm not sure what your budget is. There is the option to have it hydro dipped. If you did wrap the whole thing in leather I think it would look cool to put white leather stripes down the center to accent your seats.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Woodgrain and leather.

Our just do carbon fiber:

adde192f8056266219f44000f6a9f56b.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the carbon fiber imitation. I've ordered some satin black and a black brushed steel wrap. Will post some pics when complete. Appreciate the input.

Also, I finally found an adapter to put the stock shift knob back on. You can relieve your worries from the previous one.

Mike

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I really like the interior/dash of the newer S197 like 11-13. The only thing I personally would change is the faux chrome bezels on the dash. I would love to dip those matte black.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The kit I have is actual, real carbon fiber. I agree that the imitation stuff looks like poop.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
I love my alcantara steering wheel, shifter boot, and parking brake boot. A subtle change that looks and feels fantastic.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
here's an update and how it turned out.

this is the first parts I've done and plan to do more. I've got 3M black brushed aluminum and satin black wrap. next up will be the chrome pieces on the steering wheel and vents in black. window switches in brushed aluminum, not sure what else.

Mike

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Thanks, I couldn't be happier. Looks awesome in person and changed the whole feeling inside the car. The little scratches bugged the hell out of me, not to mention the old dull gray color wasn't appealing to me

Mike

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm a fan of plasti dip. S&H used to offer a service, not sure if it was Jeremy's thing or his partners, but they made some nice intake manifold dips. Not a big fan of wraps, it always looks excessively thick to me.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
I'm a fan of plasti dip. S&H used to offer a service, not sure if it was Jeremy's thing or his partners, but they made some nice intake manifold dips. Not a big fan of wraps, it always looks excessively thick to me.

I would be very timid to use plasti dip on the interior. especially common use areas. we did it on a friends harley and the saddle bag lids started peeling within 2 weeks from getting opening. so a center console would get tore up quick.

That 3M wrap looks awesome!

Obligatory question...how hard was it to do?

wasn't bad at all. just take your time and prep the surface. i scrubbed it with dish soap to remove the oil residue from cleaners and put it in the sun to dry. then cut the piece to rough size, squared it up and slowly peeled it and worked from one end to the other. use a heat gun in cycles for compound curves and just peel it back up if you make a mistake. it's VERY forgiving.

i ordered a 5'x1' roll and have a ton left over. so just do some practice pieces beforehand. or even practice on the main piece you're using. if you do it good, leave it. if not, peel it off and start over. it could have been done in an hour. but i was watching tv and drinking beer. so it took a couple

mike

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back