Need some help installing M90

Silversurfer

forum member
Reaction score
Im just wondering if I should be using some loc tite or never seize on the bolts that go on the alluminum intake,any input?Id call roush but they are closed and I dont want to stop till morning..

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I didn't use any loctite on any of the bolts it didn't say to. I know the manifold bolts were only like 37 ft lbs but I just rechecked them later and they were still good. I ditched a lot of the pinch clamps and went with screw hose clamps and I did use it in those threads. Good luck and be prepared for a huge difference. Did you go with the upgrade kit from say JDM or VMP tuning??

Silversurfer

forum member
Reaction score
No not yet,just got the roush cold air kit for now,cant wait to here it whine...

Silversurfer

forum member
Reaction score
It asks for a 3/8 drive torque wrench,only have a 1/2 drive whats the difference other than size?

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
Silver post some pics bro !! Doing this when i get home ! Everything is sitting in my garage just waiting for me.... Would love to hear it with just the intake on it ... are you getting the smaller pulleys..???

Silversurfer

forum member
Reaction score
Not yet pretty much just out of the box with the Roush cold air kit.Already took all the stock stuff off,now going back with the new stuff,so far pretty easy.The most annoying thing is taking all the tape off of the harness to move the etc and tps wires to the new location,other than that going good.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I'm doing this in the spring (gotta wait till I can use the bike as transportation!). already got 2g from about a month worth of saving. can't wait to do it. let us know how big of a difference it makes!

Silversurfer

forum member
Reaction score
Update,screw those radiator hose clamps,get the regular kind screw type,realized this after 4 skinless knuckles and a pinched finger....

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
Ouch ! I ended up picking up the Python Hose Clamps... What are you tunning with ?... Sending the puter' off to Roush or did you get a mail oder sent your way ..??

Silversurfer

forum member
Reaction score
Send me a pm and we can go over the instructions and maybe prepare you on some minor time consuming stuff that can be done easier another way.

Silversurfer

forum member
Reaction score
its easier from under the front of the car

Attachments

• pictures 059.jpg
    pictures 059.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 40

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Im just wondering if I should be using some loc tite or never seize on the bolts that go on the alluminum intake,any input?Id call roush but they are closed and I dont want to stop till morning..

For AL threads, I always use antisieze. Use it almost everywhere, actually,
the exceptions would be internals, rods/cranks.
It actually makes the thread stronger, as the metal 'dust' fills in the imperfections of the male/female junction.
Picked up some MIL surplus antisieze that uses ZINC as the ingredient, awesome for high temps.
Stay away from that copper-laced stuff, the copper is sized like a flake
instead of ground into a dust...maybe good for stovebolts, lol.
SIDENOTE: the huge bangs you hear on the 4th. of July are AL dust, there is no 'gunpowder' in those...we devised that in WW2 for 2 purposes:
1) destroying enemy moral, they were using pounds of the stuff per hit, VERY loud.
2) to provide major caliber light to photograph enemy cities, so we could plan their destruction later with real explosives. Think of a giant old-school flashbulb.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back