new best 12.69 stock with 410's

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Search on threads from Spyder7724. I believe he was the first into the 11s with the stock motor, and I think he hand ported the intake. That was maybe two years back???? You may have to go back a ways to find out what he did...

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
all right folks, Plated had some trouble getting his slip up but here it is. May I be the FIRST to offer you both an apology and a hearty congratulations for a very impressive slip. It's blurry, and I might try to enhance it if you guys have trouble reading it.

1.72 sixty
12.697 at 106.72
:

platedtimeslip.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
i'm a big fox body guy finally got an 05 i bought wrecked always loved the body but after i got it i wasn't really impressed with performance 13,50 when i first got it,tinkerd with it told myself and otherhalf i wasn't going to dump alot of money in it and just wanted to see what i could get out of it with out spending money and got a decent number and was excited to share it with you guy's but i noticed the 05 guy's up are alot different from fox body guy's the seem to wanna see you do good,the 05 guy's seem more like the younger import crown personally i'm really let down with alot of guy's ive met on here just typing i'd hope there better people in person,sorry logged on figuring the mustangs guy's were all the same well i'm learning different must just be the younger crowd?

Nothing wrong with sharing man, and I like the times but look at your title and first post then look at your second post and the mods to your car, you kind of left something out there no? lol no hard feeling bruh :2cents:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There's the timeslip. That's all I wanted to see. Damn impressive!

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
alright i'm accepted :kma: lol thanks guy's just excited like i said and wanted to share,i read alot on the boards and learn a whole lot from guy's like you,i plan on keeping the car and throw a lil money at it and see where it takes me,i love to share info and learn from others.thanks for getting the slip up i see after reading the post looked a lil sketchy i guess no hard feelings i understand

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
To the O.P what were the track conditions? Elevation, temp, humidity?
not sure on the elevation was 60 degrees and track was hooking good no tire spin even leaving on the rev limiter lol the track isn't nothing to brag about by no means but thankfull we have one local

11secLX

forum member
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread, reminds me of years ago with modified stock 5oh parts on my LX. Nowadays I think its too easy to just order up new flashy parts rather than work with what ya got first and most importantly, work on your driving skills. I'm an experienced and confident driver and after reading this thread I'm glad I haven't spent much on my Bullitt. I'll be using these tricks before I drop much cash on this car. Cool stuff, keep it up.

-Steve

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread, reminds me of years ago with modified stock 5oh parts on my LX. Nowadays I think its too easy to just order up new flashy parts rather than work with what ya got first and most importantly, work on your driving skills. I'm an experienced and confident driver and after reading this thread I'm glad I haven't spent much on my Bullitt. I'll be using these tricks before I drop much cash on this car. Cool stuff, keep it up.

-Steve
i found over the yrs mail order bolt on parts don't get ya fast not real fast all the guys i know thats going real fast like 8's and 9's alot of hand built parts and self fabricated stuff not mail order stuff the trick is in the tweak or modifying mail order stuff better than it was designed is cool,i've alaways wanted to go as fast as cheap as possible expecially with this economy,lets pray it gets better

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Very impressive man!! I am running 12.80s@107-108mph full weight in my automatic but is isn't stock.. Leaving the line at 1300-1500rpms hurts my ET/60/mph big time =/

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
i found over the yrs mail order bolt on parts don't get ya fast not real fast all the guys i know thats going real fast like 8's and 9's alot of hand built parts and self fabricated stuff not mail order stuff the trick is in the tweak or modifying mail order stuff better than it was designed is cool,i've alaways wanted to go as fast as cheap as possible expecially with this economy,lets pray it gets better

Thats why they run fast because they do it for a living and build and tune their own. Most folks here do it for a hobby.

So,
Welcome to the club, Ace.

I ran 12.60's and one 12.59 and all at 107-108mph in 2007. Mod/s = cai/tune/410's/IMRC-deletes. So, about the same work just I had a WARRANTY. As for the stock Fox vs Stock S197, there aint a comparison with a car that can run an easy full second faster in the 1/4 not to mention road handling ability. Had or road in all standard model mustangs from 1964 up and the S197 GT for a standard model is not chopped liver.

Is it a Daily Driver with the air filter removed? Eh...probably not

BTW...three most impressive things.

1. engine didn't go into limp mode.
2. Not blowing ENGINE. Huge increase in WOT A/F ...going lean.
3. No check engine light.

If you're willing to push the engine to the point of damaging it that is your option. Once that MAF see's a huge increase in air flow it will go ape shit. Just like forgetting to plug the harness back in. You guessed it, I tried this trick. As for the Plenum modification, well, there have been a number of shops trying to build on the stock ENGINE air flow parameters and to date no real gains. The gains came from ported heads from respected shops.

To date the record held with stock 3v and suspension with plenty of tuning was done in early 2007, spring if I remember correctly, by a Speed shop in Georgia and the Diablo Sports.

ET - 10.60's @ 126mph and backed up to boot. Diablo had it on their website for some time. It was awesome.

Simply amazing.

Welcome to the club, get to work on low 12's. From there it only gets harder.

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Thats why they run fast because they do it for a living and build and tune their own. Most folks here do it for a hobby.

So,
Welcome to the club, Ace.

I ran 12.60's and one 12.59 and all at 107-108mph in 2007. Mod/s = cai/tune/410's/IMRC-deletes. So, about the same work just I had a WARRANTY. As for the stock Fox vs Stock S197, there aint a comparison with a car that can run an easy full second faster in the 1/4 not to mention road handling ability. Had or road in all standard model mustangs from 1964 up and the S197 GT for a standard model is not chopped liver.

Is it a Daily Driver with the air filter removed? Eh...probably not

BTW...three most impressive things.

1. engine didn't go into limp mode.
2. Not blowing ENGINE. Huge increase in WOT A/F ...going lean.
3. No check engine light.

If you're willing to push the engine to the point of damaging it that is your option. Once that MAF see's a huge increase in air flow it will go ape shit. Just like forgetting to plug the harness back in. You guessed it, I tried this trick. As for the Plenum modification, well, there have been a number of shops trying to build on the stock ENGINE air flow parameters and to date no real gains. The gains came from ported heads from respected shops.

To date the record held with stock 3v and suspension with plenty of tuning was done in early 2007, spring if I remember correctly, by a Speed shop in Georgia and the Diablo Sports.

ET - 10.60's @ 126mph and backed up to boot. Diablo had it on their website for some time. It was awesome.

Simply amazing.

Welcome to the club, get to work on low 12's. From there it only gets harder.
i know all about pushing the limit my ride(daily driver for 5 yrs) went 10.20@135 that was like 9 yrs ago with stock motor,going from low tens to a 12 sec car sux if it dont go low tens high nines it really don't even feel fast i like to shake from being scared of the car when i get done driving lol i just got the car i'll be one of the guy's going 10's with a stock 3v before long it blow's it blows won't be the first. i've got $7,200 in the car and a hook up on all the shortblocks i may need lol,just changed control arms went to a 430 gear and an eaton locker going back out this weekend to see if i can get my low 12 na pass with no air fliter9track only),this winter i'm going auto and a 70mm(with a tune) i'm just goofing off with it now,i was about to sell it it feels like a big turd on the street but the 12.69 pass with no effort AND NO MONEY gave me a lil hope for the boat

Last edited:

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Last edited:

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
but the 12.69 pass with no effort AND NO MONEY gave me a lil hope for the boat

Actually it took quite a bit of effort on your part and some money. Gears and install cost money, your violater mufflers cost money, the homemade CAI cost time and money, pulling the intake to port it cost time, the DR's you ran on cost money and then lets not forget the time and effort it took to pull the passenger seat, spare and front swaybar off the car.

I think the biggest reason why you got called out is because your acting like your car is totally stock but with 4:10s and it ran a 12.69 and your first post along with the title pretty much said the same thing, then after asked it turned into a laundry list of "other things done to the car".

Dont get me wrong I applaud anyone who does more with less but to insinuate you have nothing invested in this car is just misleading.

I do have two quick questions, what track was this at and what was in the other lane?

Congrats on the times :highfive:

JJ

Last edited:

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder what added fuel is required to run without the air cleaner and not send the ecm into seizures. Also what was done to the spark tables and what fuel were you running?
I love reading this kind of stuff.

iwaxmyjimmy

forum member
Reaction score
What made you change your hood from the big ole' cowl? And you signature says stock short block, dude you can torture a stock pre 92 short block in a fox (they have been spun over 7k with no balancing, made over 700 rwhp (procharged I think it was), made over 500 bhp N/A). What size turbo? what heads/cam/intake? Also that last run it looked like the S197 missed a gear like a champ.

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
What made you change your hood from the big ole' cowl? And you signature says stock short block, dude you can torture a stock pre 92 short block in a fox (they have been spun over 7k with no balancing, made over 700 rwhp (procharged I think it was), made over 500 bhp N/A). What size turbo? what heads/cam/intake? Also that last run it looked like the S197 missed a gear like a champ.
f cam explorer intake 70mm on 9lb in that race you can hear the turbo barely working/spooling on 14 lbs that car was a handfull then there was the 76mm 331 solid roller setup that was just to much for the street it would shake the tires @ 100mph for as long as you could keep it on the road,dumped the hood it was a daily driver and the hood was too big imo,the 05 wasn't missin gears i was short shifting @ 5,200 if you listen the car wasn't turning any rpm or spoolin hard

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I wonder what added fuel is required to run without the air cleaner and not send the ecm into seizures. Also what was done to the spark tables and what fuel were you running?
I love reading this kind of stuff.
apperently none it seemed to like it,i'll tell ya what i'll try it back on if it makes you feel better if you wanna prove some kind of point it may of hurt the car's et for all i know.........or helped? but since you said so..........don't think i'll take advice from someone slower than me wtf?

Last edited:

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
apperently none it seemed to like it,i'll tell ya what i'll try it back on if it makes you feel better if you wanna prove some kind of point it may of hurt the car's et for all i know.........or helped? but since you said so..........don't think i'll take advice from someone slower than me wtf?

Easy now, I don't think he was trying to be a smart a$$ or anything, just wondering.

Congrats on that e.t., that's awesome for little as you have done!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back