new best 12.69 stock with 410's

blackgt09

forum member
Reaction score
damn man with what you have done those times are really impressive i have quite a few bolt ons and im barely in the 12s with a 12.98 @107 you should post up in the diy section with that stock intake porting job

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Good job on the ET's plated. The guys around here are serious about proof when it comes to ET's. Dude you need to get a tuner on that thing though seriously! I can't even imagine what the Air/fuel and timing curves look like! I know its a bit of money, but it is well spent.

I can vouch for this guy being legit though guys. He's local to me and is one hell of a gifted painter too.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good job on the ET's plated. The guys around here are serious about proof when it comes to ET's. Dude you need to get a tuner on that thing though seriously! I can't even imagine what the Air/fuel and timing curves look like! I know its a bit of money, but it is well spent.

I can vouch for this guy being legit though guys. He's local to me and is one hell of a gifted painter too.

as in artist? Let's see some of the work!

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Well I've only seen the art he has done on sheetmetal. He's done my buddy's NMRA real street car, all of Beefcakes's recent rides, my buddy's SN95 Air Force Tribute car, and the list goes on and on. I'll see if I can dig up some pics here in a bit.

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score

Attachments

• 2010gt21.jpg
    2010gt21.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 22
  • SU1HMDAwNTQtMjAxMDEwMTYtMTExMy5qcGc.jpg
    SU1HMDAwNTQtMjAxMDEwMTYtMTExMy5qcGc.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 14
  • th_hhhh007.jpg
    th_hhhh007.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 14
  • th_minnietubplated003.jpg
    th_minnietubplated003.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 14
  • th_outsidemike001.jpg
    th_outsidemike001.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 13
  • th_platedenginepics014.jpg
    th_platedenginepics014.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 11
  • th_outsidemike009.jpg
    th_outsidemike009.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 13
  • new pics 097.jpg
    new pics 097.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 13
  • new pics 139.jpg
    new pics 139.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 11

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Nice work man, you definitely have got some skills! I especially like that first one.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plated, you are an artist for real! I'm VERY impressed! Love the armor plated Fox...

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
apperently none it seemed to like it,i'll tell ya what i'll try it back on if it makes you feel better if you wanna prove some kind of point it may of hurt the car's et for all i know.........or helped? but since you said so..........don't think i'll take advice from someone slower than me wtf?

Ok, so I asked a couple of questions from the peanut gallery and you went Tom Cruise on me...Yeah, with this set up I am sooo slower than you...lol....what are you doing next year....I'll get some better tires and :)

I only wanted to know because you left that information out as it was not needed to prove your point. I also thought you might have made allowances in the tune to do it.
I wanted to learn something from your experience.
The insult was uncalled for as my questions were not intended as an insult.
I test ran my car before your post (last fall) without the filter around the block and the computer went ape on me and I limped home.
Only means my car did not like it and yours liking it means I might do the same with a simple change.

I guess I did not ask you directly as I should have and you might have responded without the insult.

Oh well, reinforced lesson:
Ask a child a question, expect a childish answer. Ask a fool a question, expect a foolish answer. Ask an asshole a question expect shit!

Nice paint BTW.

Last edited:

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
From the looks of the time slip the 1/8 mile et the car ran great but the big end it slowed big time. If you cold data log it I would bet the car went awful lean. My experience if I ran an 1/8 at 8.0x I would be at 87-88mph and trap 110-112. When I did't have long tubes I was in the 85-86mph and trap 108, almost 109mph.

Another example some maybe have ran into. It is known that running these cars cooled down will net best results however, if the engines is too cool...cold and not up to operating temps the car will run like a bashee the first 1/8 and fall on its face on the big end. I ran into this problem before and pull mid to high 1.6 60', then nail a 7.9x 1/8 at 87-88mph and the car would just die to trap about 104-105mph.

Hence, you can trick the computer but you can't trick it too long. I bet some tuners are shaking their heads on this one.

Risky, riskey business. Not the norm but hell he's got long blocks lined up waiting to be murderd.

BTW, nice body/paint work and imagination.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back