New clutch= new flywheel?

URSOSLO

Reaction score
Fried the clutch last Friday and got a quote for a Spec Stage 3+. The guy at the shop said I would have to replace the flywheel and the clutch. Does this sound right?

G.T

Reaction score
yeah, i believe you should either replace the flywheel or turn it around or have it resurfaced

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't have to read the post. Yes, new clutch = you should do flywheel while the tranny is out =)

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fried the clutch last Friday and got a quote for a Spec Stage 3+. The guy at the shop said I would have to replace the flywheel and the clutch. Does this sound right?

I don't know about other clutches but SPEC you need to get the flywheel. I believe SPEC clutches diameter is slightly smaller than factory

mrmonk7663

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed a Spec Stage III with a Fidanza flyhweel, no problem. Spec says you MUST use their flywheel...right. Anyway, all I had to do was swap out the dowl pins from the stock flywheel to my fidanza. I called spec and spec told me verbatim that so long as the clutch friction surface diameter is smaller than the flywheel friction surface then you are good to go. Regardless, clutch/flywheel is in the car and working great.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
holy old threads batman!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back