New Man Cave... Garage is finally done!!

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
What started as small clean-up project in one of my garages, evolved into "let's build new benches" (his and hers as my wife wanted an area for doing her gardening activities), then we figured paint was in order as the walls only had primer (my wife actually came up with the stripe idea... which came out great!) and there was no way I was going to put everything back in a nice painted garage without putting epoxy on the floor!

So over a month and half later, along with what seemed like endless hours painting (especially the striping) and prepping the floor, we finally had some warm weather over the past week (wanted to ensure the cement was warm enough for the epoxy to cure correctly), so I did the final floor prep on Friday night, then laid down the epoxy Sat. morning.

And the final result came out great! But now it makes the other garage look terrible, so next up will be the floor and will wait until fall to continue the paint theme into there as well since they are connected.

Now we have to wait a week before parking a car and rolling my large tool chest back in... and then we can finally get everything back into order :beer:

Before (right after I had framed the benches)
garagelayout_01.jpg

garagelayout_03.jpg

We actually had 2 of those shelves before getting the clean up started, but neither are going back in.
garagelayout_02.jpg

And the final result. The small room on the left is an insulated compressor area where I have a 6HP, 60 gallon set-up. Overkill for me these days, but nice to have!

mancave_05.jpg

mancave_04.jpg

mancave_03.jpg

mancave_02.jpg

I had the 2 smaller Gladiator cabinets before starting the project, but added the large one
mancave_01.jpg

The overhead shelves worked out great for storing stuff like lawn chairs and coolers. I installed 2 - 8ft sections... but this is where my wanting 10 foot ceilings really helps!
mancave_06.jpg

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Very nice work!

I really need to clean out mine and paint the floor. That looks so much nicer than the 50 year old concrete I've got going on over here, lol. Have you had any problems with your Gladiator Cabs? 2 of mine have something weird going on with the doors. I just noticed it the other day. They look like the powder coat is bubbling up on the fronts at the bottom of each in small areas. The rest of them seem fine though.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
That looks badass! Can't wait to move in and do the same with my garage. Definitely going to epoxy the floor. Looks real good.

427Z06

Reaction score
Great work man. I cant wait till I finally have the time and funds to get my garage done.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Very nice work!

I really need to clean out mine and paint the floor. That looks so much nicer than the 50 year old concrete I've got going on over here, lol. Have you had any problems with your Gladiator Cabs? 2 of mine have something weird going on with the doors. I just noticed it the other day. They look like the powder coat is bubbling up on the fronts at the bottom of each in small areas. The rest of them seem fine though.

No issues thus far and the 2 wall cabinets have been in use for 4 years.

Thanks for all the compliments!!

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Rustoleum kit that is available at most hardware stores and picked them up on sale for $58/kit. This garage took 2 kits and I have 3 kits ready for my other garage.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Makes me really, really sad. If my wife and my step daughter didn't have our garage FULL OF THEIR SHIT, I could have something like that. Every time I mention something about the step daughter getting her stuff out of the garage, it turns into World War 3.

I really went into orbit when my step daughter and her boyfriend were over at Christmas and I heard her tell my wife they were moving into a smaller place cause they had too much room and didn't need it all. Funny how they don't have enough room to come get her shit though.

Sorry OP for the rant.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
No worries about the rant Terry as that would drive me nuts as well. Even the "before" state of mine was really bothering me and was not even close to being cluttered.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
how many kits of the epoxy flooring kit did you use? thats going to be the first thing i do to my garage as soon as my house closes escrow. it's a two car garage and i was thinking i need 2 kits.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
2 kits was just enough for 480sf (20x24).

I have 3 for my other garage as it is slightly larger at 580sf.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back