New Man Cave... Garage is finally done!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome work, I am going to do that as soon as the car is finished.

I have my wife's crap in the garage also, along with a washer and dryer, but at least I have it all in stackable totes that are labeled. Maybe I should look into the roof storage thing.

So you get the floor covering at Home Depot? What is it called exactly. That looks really good.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome work, I am going to do that as soon as the car is finished.

I have my wife's crap in the garage also, along with a washer and dryer, but at least I have it all in stackable totes that are labeled. Maybe I should look into the roof storage thing.

So you get the floor covering at Home Depot? What is it called exactly. That looks really good.

I think he used the kit from rustoleum (not sure if spelled correct). The epoxy garage floor kit they carry in the paint section. That's what I plan on buying. Not too pricey either. Think if I remeber correct it was under 100 bucks per box

this one

http://www.homedepot.com/Paint-Inte...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I used this Rustoleum kit, which I picked up on sale for $57/kit. This is a water based kit whereas the one linked to Home Depot is oil based (thus the $30 price difference).

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
any difference between the oil and water based kits? other than the price? want to make sure i don't spend the extra money on the oil based if the water base is just as good.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Now its time to start on the other garage. So if all goes well, should have the floor prepped and epoxied by Sunday.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
cant wait to see the other one. going with the same paint scheme? and you recommend i go with the water based or oil based kit??

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
cant wait to see the other one. going with the same paint scheme? and you recommend i go with the water based or oil based kit??

Yep, same theme. Only plan on doing the floor right now as the painting can wait for the bad weather in the fall. Not sure I am a good reference on which kit as I really have no history on how it will hold up. I would think the oil based might hold up better, but given the limited use this floor will see, the water based should be fine for mine. The key with any kit is spending the time prepping the concrete as mine was super clean when I was ready for painting and the etching really helped rough up the surface for good adhesion.

Last edited:

redfire07

Reaction score
Very sharp!!! I've had that epoxy flooring on my last two homes.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Finished up the floor in the second garage last week, but the walls will need to wait for a rainy day. But now I am seriously considering an epoxy clear coat to add a bit more protection and since it will only take a gallon per garage (along with the clear being on sale right now for $67/gal), seems like a good investment.

Largegaragefloor_01.jpg

Largegaragefloor_03.jpg

Largegaragefloor_02.jpg

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Finally finished the clear coat on both sides and can't wait for this weekend when we can once again have all 3 cars inside! As this will be the first time in almost 2 months things are back to normal out there. I did use the included anti-skid in the clear or it would have been like a skating rink when wet.

ClearcoatedgarageFloors_01.jpg

ClearcoatedgarageFloors_02.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back