New PB 60ft time

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
So, I have been playing around with my suspension settings, tire pressure,etc, trying to better my 60 ft times. Went to local track tonight finally got into th 1.4's with a 1.47 60 ft..upper bracket in the bottom hole, lower brackets in the middle hole, strange single adjustables on 9(almost full stiff) 16.5 psi in the radial pros. Car weighs close to 4100 with me in it, droptops are heavy!!!Now if I could just make a little more power, maybe I can get into that 6.99 1/8th mile club with a little 3v.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
NICE!! Keep up the great work!

Not many people can get a radial stick shift 3V into the 1.4X zone. That is awesome, for sure.

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, your products definitely put me there. Maybe my car is an oddball, but I tried biased et streets, and stiff wall drags, nothing works as good as the radials

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
Dude, what kind of power are you making to 60ft 1.43 on full stock suspension??? Wow.

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure. It was my only test pass before getting the boot, but it was spinning during the launch I can tell you that.

Hoping for 800rwhp give or take when turned up.

Yours is more impressive imo. Im using brute force while youre making what you have work.

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
OP do you have a 1 piece driveshaft and do you know your pinion angle? I recently had my rear end rebuilt and I can't seem to get my 60' times back to where they were before.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
OP do you have a 1 piece driveshaft and do you know your pinion angle? I recently had my rear end rebuilt and I can't seem to get my 60' times back to where they were before.

I highly doubt your traction woes are related to your pinion angle.

:waytogo:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is very impressive for a car weighing 4100lbs. What kind of power are you making? Still on the 100 shot?

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
Pinion angle is -1, spherical bearing on both ends of upper. Still 100 shot for now. Trying to max out my setup before adding power. Most people throw power at their car, and can't run a decent time. I'm going at it the other way.

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
I highly doubt your traction woes are related to your pinion angle.

:waytogo:

I can't figure out what the problem is. The only things I changed as far as geometry goes was my pinion angle and rear gears (went from 3:55 LS to 3:73 spool). I was cutting 1.53-1.55 60' times before. Now I can't get below 1.7 anymore. My pinion was set to -1.5 before but the chassis shop set the pinion angle "more aggressive". It's the only thing I can't figure out.

Back