New PB

Bagel_Dog

forum member
Reaction score
8.271 @86.05

New best today. Still feel I should be going faster with my mods but maybe I'm just expecting to much out of an automatic with 170,xxx miles. The car felt the best it ever has after Datalogging. DA 600

07 GT

Steeda CAI and MAF
GT 500 Throttle Body
Steeda CMCV delete plates
JLT Billet Oil separator
Hotrod cams
MSD coils
Steeda underdrive pully
Ford Racing shorty headers
Pypes offroad x-pipe
Pypes Pype Bomb after cat system
BAMA 93 Tuned w/ Datalog
SR performance lowering springs
Steeda Billet Lower control arms
J&M adjustable upper control arm.
BMR upper control arm mount
BMR control arm relocation brackets
BMR adjustable panhard bar
Koni rear shocks
Ford Racing differential with carbon discs
Ford Racing 4.10 gear
Alloy USA 31 spline axles
AM GT4 wheels
Front 18x9 with 235/50/18 Nexen tires.
Rear 18x10 deep dish with 285/40/18 Nitto 555r tires.
Hurst line lock

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Well congrads on your PB. You have added a lot of mods to your stang, the next thing you need to do is add a converter and it will help to pull all the other mods together- wouldn't surprise me if a converter would reduce 4-5 tenths in the qtr and 3-3.5 in the 1/8. you should be able to get 1.60 60' pretty easy - rear springs may not be the best choice but other than that you have a solid foundation-

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
congrats on the PB! sounds like it shifted into 4th gear - did I hear that right?

edited (auto gear ratios are diff than manual)...

I cross the stripe in 3rd gear with manual trans, but using the wallace racing calculator given your mph, 4.10's and 27" tire diameter (and a 1.55 3rd gear ratio) it would have you crossing the stripe at 6813rpm in 3rd (if your tune allowed that) http://www.wallaceracing.com/calc-rpm.php

Last edited:

Bagel_Dog

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure some big/littles would help.

I tried shifting down to third right after it shifted into third and I hit redline right before the finish and lost a few hundredths (8.34).

The run in the video I ran an 8.29, I was experimenting with the line lock and didn't expect the pro tree haha the next run I launched at 1500-1800rpm off of footbrake and got the 8.27.
The line lock will only hold 1500 and footbrake will only hold 2000-2100. Maybe if I replaced the brakes I could go higher?

I know a 3000 or so stall would help immensely but I'm afraid on a stock auto transmission with 170,xxx miles it wouldn't be long before I would be replacing the tranny.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
I'd see if bama could set the shift points at 6500rpm, and the rev limiter at 7k. then run it out through the 1/8th in 3rd gear...

Bagel_Dog

forum member
Reaction score
I'd see if bama could set the shift points at 6500rpm, and the rev limiter at 7k. then run it out through the 1/8th in 3rd gear...

I sent them an email tonight about just that. It feels like it's shifting 2/3 to soon that and shifting to 4th maybe 50' or less before the finish is hurting me.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Good job man! 7's with ease with just a small amount of work on the 60'. By watching/listening to the video is sounds like you're not hitting the gas until you you're ready for the car to launch. If that's the case, try getting some rpm's against the brakes, and then trade feet on the launch. Maybe do some testing and find out that rpms your car starts pushing through the brakes at then subtract 100 or 200 rpm's from that number and hold that rpm before trading feet on the launch. I would imagine that if you're leaving from an absolute idle now, and if you could go up against your brakes at around 1300-1500 engine rpm's, you could cut out over a tenth on you're 60' even with the factory converter.

Last edited:

Bagel_Dog

forum member
Reaction score
In the video I was playing around with my new line lock ad didn't expect the pro tree haha
But I do usually leave on idle. I played around and on foot brakes I can hold 2000-2100 my brakes need replacing pretty bad right now, I think I could hold higher with new ones.

I received a updated tune from BAMA today and Ryan thinks I should be able to cross in 3rd now. I hope I can get out to the track this weekend and test.

If I could get into the high 7's with this car I would be pretty happy. I am planing a turbo build for later this year/next anyway.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
In the video I was playing around with my new line lock ad didn't expect the pro tree haha
But I do usually leave on idle. I played around and on foot brakes I can hold 2000-2100 my brakes need replacing pretty bad right now, I think I could hold higher with new ones.

I received a updated tune from BAMA today and Ryan thinks I should be able to cross in 3rd now. I hope I can get out to the track this weekend and test.

If I could get into the high 7's with this car I would be pretty happy. I am planing a turbo build for later this year/next anyway.
I really think you'll be there if you leave against the brakes, 2100 is a helluva head start compared to idle, if you find yourself spinning, just try a little less rpm until you hit your best 60'. For a reference, my 03 lightning would usually run a 9.1- 9.2 prior to using the nitrous, with just "trading feet" off idle, and when I went off the converter against the brakes, and then "traded feet" I'd usually run an 8.8, with an improvent close to .2 in the 60', and since lightnings usually have torque values that regularly exceed hp values by a large margin, this method should be even more beneficial to a car like yours that probably has hp figures that exceed tq by a good amount.

Last edited:

Bagel_Dog

forum member
Reaction score
Well had to deal with tornado damage at my parents all weekend so no track. However I did add the new tune and drive around the neighborhood. It's a lot better on shifting later now. Atleast 6500 and maybe higher but it's hard to tell if it's shifting at 6500 or 6800 when you're doing 80 on a backroad haha

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats, man!

With some big and littles and a converter should by in the 7s for sure! My best is a 7.95 with pretty much same power adders as you, except I'm still on stock cams.

Keep up the good work! Glad to see another Windveil ripping the track! :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back