New struts and springs

snake40

Reaction score
I just ordered new Koni yellows, Steeda ultralights and M/M caster camber plates for my 2012 Mustang. Will I need any of the parts off my car before I drop the springs/struts off to have the springs mounted on the struts?
Wondering about spring isolators etc.
thanks, Mike

J Tennu

Reaction score
Spring isolators can/will be re-used... parts of the strut mounts can/will be used with the Maximum Motorsport camber-caster plates. A few nuts and bolts are considered one-time(torque-to-yield) use, so you might want to take care of that. Those are some of the things I can think of off the top of my head.

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered new Koni yellows, Steeda ultralights and M/M caster camber plates for my 2012 Mustang. Will I need any of the parts off my car before I drop the springs/struts off to have the springs mounted on the struts?
thanks, Mike

You are going to need the dust boot and bump stops from the OEM front struts.

Francis

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
thanks, Mike

This is not related to mounting the springs on the struts, but did you order an adjustable panhard bar too?

06underme

forum member
Reaction score
Everywhere i have seen the Koni yellows for sale I have never seen them with the dust boot. To clarify, can you reuse the factory or do you need to order a specific set for the Koni's

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
Everywhere i have seen the Koni yellows for sale I have never seen them with the dust boot. To clarify, can you reuse the factory or do you need to order a specific set for the Koni's
Autozone has boots that work for $14 each. Unless you want to take apart your stockers and take out the boot, bumpstop and spring sleeve.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Just did my car. Reuse factory lower bolts for the front and rear. Use the Koni hardware for the top, transfer the spring isolators, and the dustboots and bump stops in the front.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back