New TPMS sensor learning?

Phil

forum member
Reaction score
I just changed wheels and had a new set of Ford TPMS sensors put in those wheels, when i got in the car no lights and no learning, i watched the install and the tire guys didnt do a learn, anyone else have this happen or should I do a learn anyway??

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe if you install new TPMS sensors you have to have that electronic tool that syncs them up with the vehicle- I had to get one when I replaced the sensors in my Ranger. It's not expensive but I can't remember how I found it, it was a Motorcraft tool though, only cost about $20. You should be able to find it online or on ebay as "ford tpms sync tool" or something similar, and then look up relearning procedures.

Phil

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I bought that tool, I guess I thought it would throw a trouble light, I'll just do a relearn to be sure. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I need to replace mine. What a fucking ripoff.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I think the new ones are self learning but your car can still pick up the old ones sitting in your garage. My car worked fine away from the house but every morning when I started it in the garage it would show I had a low tire (picking up the TPMS from one of the wheels I replaced). My mechanic had the tool and relearned my new wheels and the computer no longer picked up the old TPMS any more.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, I bought that tool, I guess I thought it would throw a trouble light, I'll just do a relearn to be sure. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The light was on in my truck when I bought it, and the tire place pitched the old sensors...so I figured when I had no light, I was good.

Didn't know the new ones were self-learning though.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Are the new oem ones band or valve stem? I have to get new ones.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
if they are oem Ford sensors (not those generic things AM sells) they well self learn or sync, the training tools are not needed for oem sensors, they are only needed for generic sensors

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back