Nitrous install problems...need help

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Well I bought a used ZEX kit off ebay a few months back that included a NOS remote opener, zex heater, zex window switch, and NOS purge kit...we got everything installed and working correctly except one thing...we programed the WOT switch on the NMU, where it will only let the nitrous engage when at WOT, exactly like the instructions say but as soon as I hit the nitrous arm button it engages the nitrous which obviously shouldnt happen without even touching the throttle...has anyone had this problem?! The guy thats installing everything for me has been trying to figure out the problem for the past day and a half and he cant get through to ZEX Tech support so I wanted to see if anybody here would have some insight

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
have you gone step by step on the directions for programming the NMU? If so, it may be a bad NMU. I had one on my kit as well. All I did was call Zex and they gave me a reference number. Sent in the bad NMU and they sent me a new one for free.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
You need to program the WOT switch before you even install the window switch.

good catch. didnt realize that he had the window switch installed already. Very true...you should install just the zex kit and make sure it works correctly before you install anything else, especially the window switch.

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
good catch. didnt realize that he had the window switch installed already. Very true...you should install just the zex kit and make sure it works correctly before you install anything else, especially the window switch.

We did that...we found out that this kit comes with a resistor wire that was not included in the one I bought...ended up re-wiring it and all is good now as far as I know...I will be picking it up in about 2 hours or so

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, that resistor wire is very important. I almost said something about that but thought you had wired it all up at the same time.

Let me save you some more headache...Wire up the window switch to the injector wire on cyl #1 like this:

Second pic...just cuz :beerchug2:

Last edited:

05xgt

Reaction score
If anything should pop, my vote is with pic #2! LOL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back