NOT Another...Yes...another auotx build thread

neema

forum member
Reaction score
I popped the fuse block on the positive terminal (for the steering rack) of the battery once and it lit up all the advance trac/abs/etc lights on the dash. Take a look to rule it out.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I'm out of town all week but I'll go through them when I get back.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Well, so ends the build. Taking stuff off, parting it out, going to sell to fund some other ventures. It will be put back to stock with the exception of the shifter.

I need to buy a truck, so I'll do that. The C5 is getting MCS coilovers, exhaust, a better tune, gearing, wing, splitter, reverse duct hood, cowl induction, etc. I also have a super secret super crazy autocross build planned. It will be a PROJECT but it should be a class killer once it's done.

It's been fun, corner carvers! If anybody wants a low-ish miles, adult owned, garage kept, never.....uh.... technically raced 2012 GT, hit me up!

Lucky_13

forum member
Reaction score
Best wishes on the vette build. I'd be very interested in the ASTs if their valving is still appropriate for like a 500/550 front spring :)

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Everything is sold besides sway bars, spoiler and trunk lid, and the passenger seat (cobra Monaco)

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8373

I started a build thread on Mark's 2002 Corvette at the link above (and on 4 total forums).

11080406_10155424945545078_2914297712616682542_o-L.jpg

This C5 is going to get some nice updates soon... :naughty1:

white86hatch

forum member
Reaction score
I made a nice spot in my garage for your old wheels!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 26

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
17217939912_75cd204b59_b.jpg

Figures I potato-cam the last picture.

Anyway, mustang is gone, and I have a somewhat unique opportunity to review a stock mustang...

It sucks. The stock mustang. Sucks. Oh my god. It bucks and dives on and off throttle, body roll...ride height. Holy shit, how did any reviewer ever think this car was a worth a damn?! At least the engine is still good....

Anyway, It's been replaced with a 2013 F150, 6.2L, Lariat, crew cab, etc. Going to be towing in comfort.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
It sucks. The stock mustang. Sucks. Oh my god. It bucks and dives on and off throttle, body roll...ride height. Holy shit, how did any reviewer ever think this car was a worth a damn?! At least the engine is still good....

Pretty much what I tell everyone at the track. The biggest difference I noticed so far is when I swapped springs/shocks. It is like a whole new car when you do that.

Sad to see this project end. Do you have pics of the F-150?

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
Anyway, mustang is gone, and I have a somewhat unique opportunity to review a stock mustang...

Anyway, It's been replaced with a 2013 F150, 6.2L, Lariat, crew cab, etc. Going to be towing in comfort.

Yes, but how's the F150's body roll, ride height, and behavior under braking? :crazy:

2008 V6

forum member
Reaction score

Nice purchase - Very comfortable interior and 6.2L has lots of torque. I bought a similar vehicle to perform the same task - Daily drive / light tow. Congratulations on your new C5 build - You will in no way be disappointed.

There are several tunes available for your truck that will definitely wake it up. I suggest getting one and going to a competent shop after to modify it for your upgrades if any are planned.

Back