NotQuik's "build" thread

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
That SHOP FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!:omfg::omfg:

CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEannnnnnnn!!:beer::beer:

What size rear Race Stars are those? They look sweet!

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
Sub'd
Great job man!
Always one of my favorite cars on the forum.
Here's my new look.

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
That SHOP FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!:omfg::omfg:

CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEannnnnnnn!!:beer::beer:

What size rear Race Stars are those? They look sweet!

Thank you sir. Now if I could just get my car as clean as yours.

I've actually be under it scrubbing alittle bit today. Your old car was an inspiration...

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
Yep, the wife and I made it down.
Busted the teeth off the pinion and ring gear Friday morning.
Fixed it that day, and went on to win the event.
No other changes to the car, other than the exterior.
Still runs good, just slow.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Made alittle progress today aside from cleaning. Most everything is about in place, but I still need to spend some time adjusting everything. I noticed there is a short pipe which goes between the down pipe and the turbo. Outlet for the turbo being 3" and same for down pipe, this short pipe is 2.5" and naturally the v-band clamps don't do what they are supposed too.

I need to order a couple seal clamps. Also, go get some hose clamps so I can button up the oil filter relocation kit and grab a new filter. Intercooler brackets should be here Tuesday, was also missing short pipe that goes from turbo to air filter. Now I need to find out about this "short pipe" between turbo and down pipe. Gonna try and do some more cleaning this week and hopefully make some more progress on installation as well. For now, a couple pics below from the past couple days.

636F03F8-883B-43D1-96A1-E85F36BB61C3_zpshsagmitv.jpg

Pipe between turbo and downpipe, thoughts?
7C9DE3D0-1CD9-4B31-9C21-61254206D4C9_zpsi2h7niol.jpg

Pile is getting smaller...
5F06BB07-D314-49F3-A1E4-19604FF3FDB6_zpsfzlqoylp.jpg

Some things in place but still need adjustment.
15E079E5-268A-4D80-8465-D963339E072A_zpswys3qvue.jpg

B53E4877-6F89-4DD3-A5E1-D221934A8909_zpstcoyvvrd.jpg

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Yep, the wife and I made it down.
Busted the teeth off the pinion and ring gear Friday morning.
Fixed it that day, and went on to win the event.
No other changes to the car, other than the exterior.
Still runs good, just slow.

A stock 3v isn't supposed to do that..lol

We had a busy weekend that weekend so I wasn't able to make it but congratulations on the win!

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Went an got an new filter today and some hose clamps and noticed after I got home that the threads on the relocation adapter are quite a bit smaller than what the filter requires. May not be a big deal but nothing was mentioned so I assumed the stock filter was still being used. Any thoughts? Should I try and find another filter to fit or get another adapter?

Filter with threads for relocation adapter
31A48786-23F0-494B-8F42-5E6BA9BF3FCF_zpsa7rn4yzw.jpg

Relocation adapter with threads installed...
675AC22A-5D47-41C8-9509-78585B6A3A02_zpsalarg4is.jpg

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Kind of my own fault but I wish I sat down and did an inventory on everything last year when I bought the kit. I've kept everything boxed up and organized as i had receieved it but it seems like either something is incorrect or missing each time I go to grab the next part. It looks like I need to sit down tonight and see what else I'm missing or is incorrect so I can compile a list for Jim and go from there. I will certainly say (Knocks on wood) that up to this point he's been great and very responsive to any questions.

Intercooler brackets and hardware came last night...gonna try and mount turbo if I get out of work at a decent hour tonight. I need to order coolant hoses for fittings sometime this week as well.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Kind of my own fault but I wish I sat down and did an inventory on everything last year when I bought the kit. I've kept everything boxed up and organized as i had receieved it but it seems like either something is incorrect or missing each time I go to grab the next part. It looks like I need to sit down tonight and see what else I'm missing or is incorrect so I can compile a list for Jim and go from there. I will certainly say (Knocks on wood) that up to this point he's been great and very responsive to any questions.

Intercooler brackets and hardware came last night...gonna try and mount turbo if I get out of work at a decent hour tonight. I need to order coolant hoses for fittings sometime this week as well.

Thats how I felt when I did my automatic to manual swap, all the parts that I had to piece together.. Everytime I thought I had it all I found out otherwise. Luckily Steve at Tasca Ford and my local dealership was EXTREMELY helpful.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Since I'm here. Small update...been working on house again and getting ready to stain the fence amongst other small honey-do items.

Oil filter relocation done...most plumbing is in place mine cold side. Received a couple incorrect silicone couplers and downpipe needs to go back so wideband bung can be added. Still need to get off my wallet and order fuel pump. Just going to do a single pump for now until engine is ready to be built. Coolant lines from Jeremy have also been received so I need to do that soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back