NotQuik's "build" thread

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I may have some items you can use, especially if you want to come by and help remove them so you know exactly how they are laid out (such as the GT500 fuel pumps and electrical). I suck at electronics and can pull it out but would prefer if the buyer looks at it first and helps pull it out so you're sure to have everything and know how it's laid out. Nothing like a box of wires with no idea what goes where.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Hmm...Let me know what you decide with the car and we'll go from there. That is certainly food for thought! I'd love to buy your trans setup but unfortunately, it's not in the cards at the moment (too many other priorities). Like I said in your thread, give me a heads up and I don't mind running over to lend a hand.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
One way or another it's getting parted out. At this point I'm not willing to fix or drive it again.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Alright, I need some de-gas bottle options

I guess THP used to use 2000 cobra R degas bottles which appears to have fit between the ABS and radiator nicely. They have been discontinued and the piece they now supply mounts over by the driver side strut tower next to where the power steering reservoir will be relocated. Any ideas here??

I did find one used 2000 cobra r de-gas bottle for 100...a lot of money for a small piece of plastic though.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to completely relocate the coolant reservoir. When the MAF pipe comes out of the throttle body it makes a left and runs directly where the stock one was located leaving little room.

This is what I was supplied with and their idea is to mount it over on the driver side strut tower. I'd like to find something to mount down in that hole between the ABS and radiator.
3cd0da4ea9dc7f069fad14fabf09fb88_zps72f40bc6.jpg

This is something I'd like to find...from 2000 cobra R
5bb18aad2bbc3be07b066c40ddb500d4_zpsbe3c4d2f.jpg

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
The downpipe is in NM having the wideband bung welded on. They also need to make another small pipe going from the turbo to air filter same for a pipe to adapt the "s-pipe" going from the turbo to intercooler inlet. Also waiting on a couple silicone couplers as I had received the wrong ones, still need to order a couple clamps for the hotside as well. I'll admit I'm getting quite frustrated with all the setbacks... I just hope the car performs how I'm expecting with the stock longblock. The shortblock build hopefully won't be far behind!

Also, I was told I'll need to cut the BOV pipe as well as the MAF pipe..I'm not thrilled about this and I'm hoping none of the ceramic coating chips off.
178E96CF-1FE0-4696-8EE9-DC5FD5397902_zpsdgnao9pi.jpg

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Looks like your pipe was made for a intercooler with lower output like mine. You got a front pic of the intercooler?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
So try this. Remove the 90 coupler from the intercooler and put that on the MAF pipe side. Then put a straight coupler on the intercooler and then try your pipe?

Don't seem like my MAF pipe came down as far as yours does. My coupler started right behind my headlight so I had to cut , weld and extend it to have clearance for my coupler and clamp.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Gave it a try and no bueno.

I dropped the IC down about 1 1/2" and picked up a piece of 3" pipe. I'm going to see how things work out by putting that between the IC outlet and the 3" elbow. Hopefully I can drop it enough to where cutting will be minimal on the MAF pipe or BOV pipe.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I have not but that's certainly a thought.

I'll admit, I keep going back to the cobra r degas bottle as I like the location and the size.
6e4451313d5c5ce3d2be7bdab49bc616_zps68c456e2.jpg

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Unfortunately no progress has been made, probably not a big surprise coming from me lol. I did FINALLY get the last pipe about a month ago and the rest of the fuel system so I guess that is something. Right now it's been too hot to work on it...I'm hoping soon as it's been getting better in the evenings.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Don't you worry....I'll be bugging you before too long!

How has yours been running? Any issues with the turbo?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back