Odd clutch pedal issue??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I did go after market.. but for the wk to be waranty I had to wait for the factory crap to come in. it was here a week ago with new pedals too. then he opend the tranny and say the flywheel snapped the dow pins :( a week later the flywheel gets here lol.. SO i have new pedal assembly,new flywheel, new Ram Clutch and new stock clutch in the trunk LOL...

THE ram is awsome car shifts smoooooth as glass with factory shifter. also the clunking in the rear is gone in between shifts. Now the clutch pedal feels awsome just like a cable tension. You can tell this is not the mushy factory pressure plate. tomorrow i will install the Steeda shifter and see howmuch better it gets..

Big thanks TO Jarred @ lethal for getting me a clutch that I didn't know was out yet or i woulda been back in the shop again..:)

ive also noticed a clunking in the rear end while shifting.. it drives me crazy! i got the new pedal put in as well.. feels mushy though like it started to feel when the clutch shot craps.. but it doesnt seem to be getting mushier or anything.. shifts good etc. when this happens again i will just get an aftermarket clutch, and also put the steeda shifter in.

bigbelly

not safe for work
Reaction score
Just started having problems with my clutch. Smelled an acrid burning smell twice last week after normal operation. Friday night did a high rpm shift from 2nd to 3rd and the CLUTCH WENT TOWARDS THE FIREWALL WITHOUT ADDITIONAL PRESSURE FROM MY FOOT! It was very exciting to say the least. I immediately came off of the throttle and the clutch slowly returned to neutral (towards the driver). I took it to Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego (where I bought the damn thing 3 months ago) and they seemed receptive to the issue, however have not called me back yet. It should be going in the shop today. Ford has one chance not to F*ck this up.

bigbelly

not safe for work
Reaction score
Just got the car back from Ford. Clutch feels good, a little tighter. No more clunking sound from the rear end area. Engine pulls as strong as ever, no clutch burning smells. As far as I can tell, this issue is fixed. Will update if anything changes.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
Yeaaa Car back at dealer.... almost didnt make it there. wouldnt go in gear without serious effort... and at stop lights with pedal to the floor it was creeping forward.. WTF...

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Yeaaa Car back at dealer.... almost didnt make it there. wouldnt go in gear without serious effort... and at stop lights with pedal to the floor it was creeping forward.. WTF...

even w/ the new aftermarket clutch? ?

i now have some kind of clunking from my rear end on my car.. almost all shifts from 1-3 and sometimes 1-4 (when im not getting into it) there is clunking from the rear..anyone else have this issue? and if so wtf is the fix? a new rear end assembly ? ?

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
i do... too...lol

I called the service dept and talked to my service manager, and he said lash/gap between the ring and pinion is just big, and thats how Ford is doing them.. he said he would tighten it up for me, but then i would have a whine the tighter that gap gets.. NOW call me stupid, but when think of the damage that KLUNK is going to do over time (over and over and over again) wouldnt that cause some kind of wear?? and if a rear end whines then that also means that the lash in incorrect ALSO causing problems and wear right?? FML!!

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
yep wouldnt even go in reverse

im curious as to what the prob is w/ your brand new aftermarket clutch (that is suppose to get rid of the "clutch problems w/ this car). im still running the new factory installed clutch and pedal.. still feels good (for now) but we all know how it will end up..

bigbelly

not safe for work
Reaction score
RSKtakR, I had the same issue prior to the clutch pedal assembly TSB applied at the dealership. No more clunking after the swap.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
my clunk didnt seem to show up or be very noticable until AFTER i had the clutch and pedal assembly replaced..

Reaction score
So let me get this straight... The gear installs on the 2011 GT is a lot different than 2010 and lower mustangs with the 8.8?

RSKtakR

Reaction score
So let me get this straight... The gear installs on the 2011 GT is a lot different than 2010 and lower mustangs with the 8.8?

i wouldnt know that either way.. i do know that my 06gt w/ 3.73's in it NEVER made clunking like this

Reaction score
i wouldnt know that either way.. i do know that my 06gt w/ 3.73's in it NEVER made clunking like this

Oh, in one of your previous posts you made it sound like ford sets the backlash different on the new gear sets.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Oh, in one of your previous posts you made it sound like ford sets the backlash different on the new gear sets.

well i dont know if thats a "new" thing.. that was the exact words the service manager told me today.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
in my opinion, service managers don't know ANYTHING other than how to blow smoke up your ass.. no matter their previous experience.

their job as the mgr is no longer to work on cars, but to get volume through the service dept. they'll use whatever line they think is "over your head" just to get you off the phone or out the door.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
in my opinion, service managers don't know ANYTHING other than how to blow smoke up your ass.. no matter their previous experience.

their job as the mgr is no longer to work on cars, but to get volume through the service dept. they'll use whatever line they think is "over your head" just to get you off the phone or out the door.

ya i think im going to taek my car to a different Ford dealership that i actually know the service manager.. and then i will get his opinion.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back