Odd clutch pedal issue??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
yea me too that way i dont get the old crap back in again..

that is what my dealership is trying to put back in..said it would be here tomorrow probably..and i DONT want the same old shit just to be back in the shop in another month.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
There is no new or revised number. Be grateful your getting parts tomorrow

ya i am.. but i guess we are ALL just getting the same stock part (for now) that is not revised? i was re-reading sams post's and from what i gather there is no new part number available yet, and wont be until 10/30/10 correct and thats when the TSB might be announced as well?

IF this in fact the case then why are guys having to wait the month to get thier cars back? are thier dealers just waiting for the revised clutch assy to be released then? id rather just wait for the new revised one to come out instead of have to take the car back in for the samething.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
ya i am.. but i guess we are ALL just getting the same stock part (for now) that is not revised? i was re-reading sams post's and from what i gather there is no new part number available yet, and wont be until 10/30/10 correct and thats when the TSB might be announced as well?

IF this in fact the case then why are guys having to wait the month to get thier cars back? are thier dealers just waiting for the revised clutch assy to be released then? id rather just wait for the new revised one to come out instead of have to take the car back in for the samething.

The problem is there is no stock anywhere for the original parts. Ford is out of stock on all the clutchs for the '11's. And, a new part number, or revised clutch is purely speculation at this point. In 30 days when parts do become available, it could very easily be the same exact parts.

So whether anyone wants to wait or not, they don't have a choice if parts aren't availalbe.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
well what they say and what will ACTUALLY happen is 2 totally different stories.. he said "looks like we are still waiting on a clutch assy that is on e-order coming from the vendor, probably be here tomorrow". so il keep my fingers crossed. and keep you all upto date.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
well what they say and what will ACTUALLY happen is 2 totally different stories.. he said "looks like we are still waiting on a clutch assy that is on e-order coming from the vendor, probably be here tomorrow". so il keep my fingers crossed. and keep you all upto date.

Haha, you're getting the run-a-round. Tell him to have his parts guy run the part number on DOES II (he'll know what that means).

I hate to break it to you, but you're probably not getting your clutch anytime soon. It is coming out of Vendor, but the Vendor is out of stock, and they are waiting on parts from the sub-supplier.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Haha, you're getting the run-a-round. Tell him to have his parts guy run the part number on DOES II (he'll know what that means).

I hate to break it to you, but you're probably not getting your clutch anytime soon.

ya i agree.. i dont think i will either.. everyone on these forums seems to always know more then these service advisor guys.

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
The problem is there is no stock anywhere for the original parts. Ford is out of stock on all the clutchs for the '11's. And, a new part number, or revised clutch is purely speculation at this point. In 30 days when parts do become available, it could very easily be the same exact parts.

So whether anyone wants to wait or not, they don't have a choice if parts aren't availalbe.

This applies to the GT500 as well. They had to pull mine off the line.

2011GT1979

12.3@110
Reaction score
Well as everyone knows my car has already been down for a month. I am pimping a 2010 Mazda 3..

Anyway my service tech said the parts were suppose to arrive today. They already received their shipment of parts and mine did not show up. I asked him to check if the date has been moved from 9/30 to 10/30 I will let you guys know as soon as he calls me back.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Well as everyone knows my car has already been down for a month. I am pimping a 2010 Mazda 3..

Anyway my service tech said the parts were suppose to arrive today. They already received their shipment of parts and mine did not show up. I asked him to check if the date has been moved from 9/30 to 10/30 I will let you guys know as soon as he calls me back.

i was told that my parts would be in today, since they were on emergency order.. however i dont think that will happen at all since that is upto Ford not the dealer.. the parts ARE showing on back order still. so i am still expecting the 10/30/10 date will still apply here. im going to go swap out my loaner today for a bigger 4 door car or something. and i will stop by the dealer and see what i can find out.

so HOW did you get Ford to pay your car payment for you?? lol ive thought about calling customer service and seeing if i can get that pulled off to but i dont think it would happen ..lol

2011GT1979

12.3@110
Reaction score
i was told that my parts would be in today, since they were on emergency order.. however i dont think that will happen at all since that is upto Ford not the dealer.. the parts ARE showing on back order still. so i am still expecting the 10/30/10 date will still apply here. im going to go swap out my loaner today for a bigger 4 door car or something. and i will stop by the dealer and see what i can find out.

so HOW did you get Ford to pay your car payment for you?? lol ive thought about calling customer service and seeing if i can get that pulled off to but i dont think it would happen ..lol

I called the Ford customer service number and I basically said I thought it was ridiculous that I traded in a paid off vehicle, for a vehicle I have to pay $411.00 a month for the next 5 years that I can not even drive.

I said my insurance payments do not go away, My car payments do not go away. I think I should be compensated for the down time on my vehicle.

So the Ford CSR said to make a payment and once it clears they will reimburse me. On a side note I think this only works if you are financed through Ford Motor Credit.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I called the Ford customer service number and I basically said I thought it was ridiculous that I traded in a paid off vehicle, for a vehicle I have to pay $411.00 a month for the next 5 years that I can not even drive.

I said my insurance payments do not go away, My car payments do not go away. I think I should be compensated for the down time on my vehicle.

So the Ford CSR said to make a payment and once it clears they will reimburse me. On a side note I think this only works if you are financed through Ford Motor Credit.

i will give that a try today.. and im also financed through Ford Motor Credit.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I was just informed that the clutch showed up today and the customers car (Twinscrewgt) is done.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
Lucky ass.... i was told the clutch is on backorder with no date for arrival lol... so i may pay the tech while its down... i just bought a RTX clutch from lethal.. and 2 dayed it.. screw this crap. the stock one will shit the bed on me in traffic one day and ill trade this in on a Vette lol

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
I realize most people are modded on this forum. Is this happening to people that are still on a completely stock 5.0?

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
i just got a text from my service guy, stock replacement parts showed up yesterday, they are out test driving the car now, and i should have it back sometime today.. now i just wonder how long it will take before i have to take it back to get replaced again for the exact samething.. ? next time it happens and if there is no revised presure plate/flywheel, i will just be getting an aftermarket twin disk... or also trading the car in on a Z06.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back