overflow tank overhaul

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
I am going to be relocating my overflow tank to where the battery used to be when it goes in the trunk. is there any particular tank that s197s need to use ? any particular capacity? it is a DD car with occasional track use

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
I've done it to my car with the stock tank. I did it in the parking lot of an Advanced Auto Parts. Nothing to it.

P2220046.jpg

That being said, I really wish I had a smallish aluminum tank to use instead. Would look much cleaner.

Last edited:

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
wow that is a clean engine. but yeah wanting to find an aluminum one just dont know which one would work.

I've done it to my car with the stock tank. I did it in the parking lot of an Advanced Auto Parts. Nothing to it.

P2220046.jpg

That being said, I really wish I had a smallish aluminum tank to use instead. Would look much cleaner.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Why not do the one from mmr it's a lot smaller and pretty much can go anywhere.

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
that one is ok? I just didnt know how much the stock one holds and didnt know if changing the amount it holds would screw with my cooling system.

Why not do the one from mmr it's a lot smaller and pretty much can go anywhere.

texasmustang65

forum member
Reaction score
I woulnt about changing the size. I've seen plenty of cars running with out one and no issues. I did the same thing with the stock tank on my bullit when i put the superchager on. I made a bracket that bolted to the inner fender and bolted it to a stock hole in the tank. On the firewall I made another bracket from a piece of aluminum angle that ws sitting around. The bottom of the tank just sat on the bracket to hold it up. I dont have many pics of it and i sold the car sometime ago.

Attachments

• CIMG2023.jpg
    CIMG2023.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 24

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
ok cool thanks guys i was just gonna do a setup like you see in the drift mustang

http://drifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MonsterFordMustang.jpg

I woulnt about changing the size. I've seen plenty of cars running with out one and no issues. I did the same thing with the stock tank on my bullit when i put the superchager on. I made a bracket that bolted to the inner fender and bolted it to a stock hole in the tank. On the firewall I made another bracket from a piece of aluminum angle that ws sitting around. The bottom of the tank just sat on the bracket to hold it up. I dont have many pics of it and i sold the car sometime ago.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back