Pats issue? Car on my last nerve

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
I'm just about done with this pos car. All the money and time I've put in it to be held up by electrical bullshit. Idk where to start. At first I thought there was something wrong with the accessory delay relay as my power windows, power locks, power external rear views and radio don't work. Oddly enough the power locks work when using the key fob. Then after checking EVERY fuse/relay in the car, replacing the SJB, and the battery I'm still having problems. Digging further I've noticed the pats system is fucked up (rapidly blinking theft light). Also, it's telling me both doors are ajar when they clearly are not. I had Lito write me a tune with the pats disabled but still nothing. It's not time to crank the car but I tried cranking it just to see if the starter would come on and nothing. About to part this car out and burn it to the ground. I have to idea where to go from here.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
Ok awesome, Lito just forgot to disable the pats on the 2nd tune he sent me since I forgot to tell him I got a new tuner and he had to change he serial so now the pats is off and the engine turns over. No to figure out this radio, power windows, power locks bullshit.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
All of these things trace back to an "11-1" on the BEC..only there's no fuse or relay named 11-1. Does this mean pin 11 on connector 1 of the bec?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Don't know what you are looking at but my guess is that 11-1 is the wiring manual section dash page. Section 11 page 1.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
I've read some problems similar in other fords where the problem was in the instrument cluster. I've taken it apart and can't find anything grossly abnormal. May try and find a common wire on the diagrams that link everything to the instrument cluster and see if I can splice it somewhere.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What radio do you have. IIRC some guys had issues where the radio goes bad and causes all kinds of electrical issues.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
11-1 refers to Fuse box section.

Have you checked F2.4 and F2.6 and F1.44?

Yep, sure have :(

What radio do you have. IIRC some guys had issues where the radio goes bad and causes all kinds of electrical issues.

I don't remember. I'll look when I'm back in the car. It's brand new and worked fine when I installed it. Never had any problems.

Looking at everything on the SJB, this relay gets power from a white/light blue power in connector 1035b on the bec. Gonna check that wire

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
The only thing is i hear that relay click on when I unplug it and plug it back in. It's gotta be somewhere common after the relay that's messed up. I've checked every ground multiple times. Guess I just need to get a multimeter and start going at it.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
here is everything that's wrong, all operating on this one relay that works!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 15

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I cant read the diagram but maybe try half splitting the issue by removing power to loads individualy to see if anything changes.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
So my multimeter is telling me there's power coming out of the SJB and bec everywhere power is supposed to be coming out but I'm not getting any at the switches.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
just to confirm, I cut a yellow/light blue wire coming right out of the sjb in connector c2280e, which is power to the passenger window switch.. 12 volts. I went to the door jamb where the connector connects to the door harness and that yellow/light blue wire is measuring 0 volts. Did this for just about everything that's not working and I'm getting the same result. I guess this dash harness is just complete shit.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
Got it figured out. The body harness I ordered off eBay last year to replace my old one is pinned differently. Must have been for a v6 or something idk

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Got it figured out. The body harness I ordered off eBay last year to replace my old one is pinned differently. Must have been for a v6 or something idk

Good to hear you got it figured out. Electrical issues can be a nightmare.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
Well more shit. New harness has a weird connector on the clutch position switch harness. The manual says a light blue /yellow wire needs to be grounded for the starter to work but there's no such wire in this harness. This came out of a manual '06 Gt. Wtf is this??

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
That connector is for a time delay solid state relay. My car had that also and Lito had never seen it and we never figured out what it was actually for.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
ec40569bfdebc1e85dd7c30dd707f3ca.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back