Pictures in for sale threads

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could get behind that..maybe not a per-ad fee, but require anyone posting ads to be supporting members?
I thought we had already weeded out all the "feeler ads" in the classifieds? As far as the supporting members, I would agree if there wasn't a non-supporting member having an issue receiving parts or a refund from a supporting member, as we speak. You would say, "the shoe is on the wrong foot" there.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I thought we had already weeded out all the "feeler ads" in the classifieds?

Yes, but it would reduce (if not eliminate) the one post wonders that register just to sell (stolen, broken, misrepresented, non-existent) stuff. It would help keep the riff-raff out..why pay $X per year to sell junk here when there are a million other free Mustang forums to loiter in?

As far as the supporting members, I would agree if there wasn't a non-supporting member having an issue receiving parts or a refund from a supporting member, as we speak. You would say, "the shoe is on the wrong foot" there.

Obviously being a supporting member is in no way a guarantee of integrity. All the normal internet classifieds disclaimers should still apply. It would just make the classifieds an area that benefits the site as a whole, not just the people unloading their crap. It might help justify the time/effort that goes in to resolving issues like you mention.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think you should have to be a supporting member to post, but a minimum post count could be a better suggestion. Only thing that kinda sucks about that is that some people really don't post that much and just read (at least that's what I do). But I do agree with the people who make one post just to sell something, and 99% of time on those posts, they still don't have the pictures!

Oh well. You'll never make everyone happy. I'm sure the mods will come up with something everyone can live with in the end.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think you should have to be a supporting member to post, but a minimum post count could be a better suggestion.

Then you'll just get a bunch of retards going around adding worthless, content-less posts to make that mark. What's the minimum donation to be a supporting member...a whole $5 for a year?

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There really is no correct solution to the problem. When money is involved there is a chance you might get taken. You know what they say.. "Don't spend every minute of your life preparing to get screwed, just be cautious when your pants are down."

:beerdrink:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know. Keep the shit you buy and quit trying to pawn it off on others. Problem solved.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Then you'll just get a bunch of retards going around adding worthless, content-less posts to make that mark. What's the minimum donation to be a supporting member...a whole $5 for a year?

Yeah, I guess. I know I wouldn't do that; it's not worth it to me, which is why I don't sell anything at mustangforums. I don't want to make 50 worthless posts just to sell something when I could move it here with considerably less effort.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not poking at you, but I have to laugh at all of this, even my last post. How did we get from pics in the ads to just not selling anything at all? :roflmao:
Posting on a forum is really just a lot of thinking out loud, so a bunch of us just thought about a problem, and the woman came up with an obvious solution, that's all.:beerdrink:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
"You know what really grinds my gears...?"

Seriously, I hate when someone says, "if your interested, PM for pics." How the hell am I supposed to know if i'm interested or not if you dont post up a pic of what the hell it is you are selling. You may be an idiot and your description may be nothing like the item you are actually selling.

Don't pics take more bandwidth and slow the system down? And do we really need pics of what a TB, CAI or axle back looks like? I can understand a serious buyer wanting pics to ensure they are getting what they are paying for which is why I state PM me for pics.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't pics take more bandwidth and slow the system down?
Not enough to ever notice with a proper connection on your side. Embed the pics, photobucket is free.

And do we really need pics of what a TB, CAI or axle back looks like? I can understand a serious buyer wanting pics to ensure they are getting what they are paying for which is why I state PM me for pics.
"PM for pics" tells me that you are not really interested in selling because you haven't followed the proceedure necessary to make a proper sell. Remember, presentation is everything. If I'm the one with the money, why should I have to contact you to determine whether or not I really want to buy what you have. An even better question would be, why would you want to deal with that?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see your point..did not know that the pics would not slow the system down so I agree there is no good reason to not include pics in a for sale thread...another forum I am on requires the seller to take a picture with the person's screen name and date on a piece of paper to be included with the parts they are selling.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a decent idea.. It keeps people from using a photo that is other than genuine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back