Pictures in for sale threads

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seriously, what is so difficult about putting pics up of the shit you are selling? I know everyone doesn't have the best camera and whatnot, but damn, c'mon man! You are trying to sell something and have no pics of it. One thing if it's still on the car, but if not, what is so hard about this? Damn near everyone has a cell phone with a camera. Use that! I just don't get it.

That's my rant. Now we return you to your day, already in progress.

Last edited:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I say take action and do something about it. Make your own rules, we can't force everyone to obey certain guidelines but you guys can get a few lined out at a time.

FWIW: I won't buy from anyone who doesn't list their location below their avatar, refuses PayPal, fails to provide decent pics, posts pics of dirty items, is a totally "green" member or has less than 50 posts.

IMO, pics of a dirty item are almost worse than no pics at all. It tells me that you are a total loser/lazy slug and should pay me to take your crap off your hands.

Here's a perfect example:
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31331

GIG4FUN, bought these but practically had to force the seller to get his "ass off of his shoulders" to clean them and take new pictures. Pathetic.

Luckily, he got a good deal on them and is very pleased. Nice wheels Russ!

:thumb:

Last edited:

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
I gotta say I hate when there's no pics as well. I also hate the 2 or 3 post people who just come here to sell something and people who don't fill in their location

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
This really get me, people ask for help for a shop to go to and no location under the avatar. People act like someone is out to find them. :wtf:

Also agree with pictures too.

Hey where did you get that freaking mustang cop car at? I want to take a picture with that thing to man cause last time I was pulled over it was by a damn Charger. I sure as hell don't want that pic but is that your friends?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
It's 2010...if you have a computer and no form of camera, you're doing it wrong. Other forums I've been on delete FS threads if there are no pictures. I would be 110% behind this, though it would require more policing by mods of course. An alternative would be to replace the content of the ad with a link to the rules sticky and lock it with no other explanation..might be less work than answering the "WTF, yo!" PM that would likely follow.

MSgt46270

Reaction score

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about going to where you live just to get a pic with that thing. LOL They should put some black wheels on it and then it's a wrap I'm there the next day.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
"You know what really grinds my gears...?"

Seriously, I hate when someone says, "if your interested, PM for pics." How the hell am I supposed to know if i'm interested or not if you dont post up a pic of what the hell it is you are selling. You may be an idiot and your description may be nothing like the item you are actually selling.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Seriously, I hate when someone says, "if your interested, PM for pics." How the hell am I supposed to know if i'm interested or not if you dont post up a pic of what the hell it is you are selling. You may be an idiot and your description may be nothing like the item you are actually selling.

Preach brother, preach!!!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

And that people, is what grinds his gears. Back to you Tom. :roflmao:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan.

1259892226070.jpg

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
May the peanut gallery make a suggestion? Have someone on the board be the official 'listing rep' for any items being posted up for sale, whether it be a car, mods, or t-shirts. Keeps the quality consistent, gets an email for contact or no item gets posted to be sold.

Can't list a house without pics either, same basic concept here.

Easy.

Oh, and no more freebies of for sale classifieds. Charge a listing fee to weed out the feeler threads and non-serious sellers. Keeps the site financially healthy too.

Last edited:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
May the peanut gallery make a suggestion? Have someone on the board be the official 'listing rep' for any items being posted up for sale, whether it be a car, mods, or t-shirts. Keeps the quality consistent, gets an email for contact or no item gets posted to be sold.

Wow, that sounds like a good idea but also a bunch of work... I have an idea that kinda goes with that.. What if forum members reported threads that didn't conform to the rules governing the classifieds? An email goes out to the mods and admins, we just had one of those.

:idea:

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Oh, and no more freebies of for sale classifieds. Charge a listing fee to weed out the feeler threads and non-serious sellers. Keeps the site financially healthy too.

I could get behind that..maybe not a per-ad fee, but require anyone posting ads to be supporting members?

Back