Pioneer AVH-P3400BH

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Just to update since i cant change the title. I ended up getting the AVH-P2400BT.

So I finally sold my Avic Z1 to a friend and am looking at a new headunit. I kind of have what i want narrowed down but have a few questions. Also maybe some recommendations. I am looking for a double din with Bluetooth, Bluetooth Audio Streaming which will also work with Pandora, DVD, and CD. I have looked at the AVH-P3400BH because it has all of those plus HD Radio and is Rear Video and Nav ready. Is there any other headunits out there that you guys can recommend?

I was also wondering since i have the Avic Z1 already in can i still use the wire harness from it with out anything extra? Do i need any other adapters for it or any other type of wiring? Thanks for the future help.

Last edited:

kgrun4

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Sony XAV-62BT. It has bluetooth, bluetooth audio streaming, DVD, CD. I'm fairly certain it will stream pandora through the bluetooth because when I have my gps app running it streams the audio from that as well as my music. I really like my radio and its fairly inexpensive for all that it does. Read the reviews on Amazon about it; some people like it some don't. I play my ipod on shuffle so i don't care about the difficulty of navigating playlists but some do. That said i've always heard good things about Pioneer double-dins

the harness should work for pretty much any new stereo you buy

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
The harness should work no problems....make your buddy buy a new one for his...lol.

Make sure it will work with your phone.....I notice alot of people wanting to play videos from their phones and show it on the screen of the radio.

Why did you get rid of your Z1? I have the Z2 with the Z3 upgrade and has had to buy the BT box, and Sirius box, and the iSimple cable for my phone. Does everything these new headunits does.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
well i got the AVH-P2400BT. Read all of the reviews and videos on it and its great. Tons of people said it works great and the bluetooth works fine. Also a lot of people have said the pandora streaming and even nav streaming works great. I also got it with a back up cam for 324 from amazon. As far as the Z1 i just didnt want it anymore. Its too outdated for me and i didnt like missing so many features.

i was also wondering how could i hook up the back up cam to be viewed while driving? Is the DVD bypass the same for this one as it is for the Z1? And where do i tap the wire for the reverse gear so the cam will come on when i reverse?

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
My rear camera is taped into the light harness in the back. So it only comes on when I am in reverse. Mine is mounted in the trunk key hole.

Here is the bypass for your current HU. These guys are great and know what they are doing!

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
So got the AVH-P2400BT yesterday and couldn't wait to put it in. Was simple enough as taking out the Z1 and changing over the harness. I LOVE THIS THING!!!! It works exactly how i want it to. Bluetooth works great. Really brings out the sound in the Shaker 500. The Bluetooth streaming works flawlessly too. Crystal clear audio. What i love most tho is when i get in the car it automatically pairs with the head-unit and when i push play it automatically starts Pandora. I can control Pandora right through the head-unit too!!!! Skip songs and pause them as well. Then when i get out of the car and turn it off it turns off Pandora on the phone and will resume right when i get back in the car. Great unit and a great buy!! Cant wait to see how well the back up camera works.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Just another update I did the bypass in the video above and it worked great!! Also was even able to stream the nav through the unit so i wont need to buy the harness ($400+). I made a video review of it and will post it soon.

Last edited:

xmalachi

forum member
Reaction score
If you get a chance, could you take some pics? I'm interested in how this unit looks installed.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
AVH-P2400BT_rear.jpg

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Wow I think I might purchase this pretty soon as well. Back up camera good?

works great!!! just installed it and love it. Easy install too. Only hard part was hiding wires and thats because im meticulous.

subFoldertemp_taken_picture.jpg

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I am also the same way with wires and such haha. But it doesnt bother me, damn man, you may have convinced me. Looks sweet!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back