Polish Angel! OH SNAP Shine!!!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Do you think the color match is worth it? I'm thinking of buying enough for both while I'm at it, and just wait on the Flex purchase for the summer time.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
So if you were to do two cars, would the 50 mL of primer be enough or would 100 mL be the way to go? Both cars are different colors, so I'm going to try to color match both with the coats.

Also the two cars I plan on working on, as soon as the weather stops dropping to 20*, have not had a proper detail treatment on them. One car has been repainted (in 2006), but only driven about a few thousand miles in the past 10 years (stays in the garage, mainly show car). The other is my Mustang, and it has about 56k miles without any proper detail that I know of (It is black, and I can definitely see the swirls in certain light). Am I going to need to do more than primer and coat? If I have to do major corrections, would you guys recommend PA, or someone else for the sake of cost?

I know I'm going to have to clay bar and everything else. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'll need for polishing materials.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Polish Angel discount code is here. LOVEANGEL - Not too bad for 2 color matched 50ml bottles, and 1 100ml bottle of invincible for right under $200 Shipped. My wife's Lexus and the truck should look really good with this stuff! I think I have to order through the actual computer though since it doesn't give me the option to put in the color codes anywhere through the phone. I'll have to look up the starfire pearl color for the Lexus also before placing the order.

28ONE

Reaction score
Polish Angel discount code is here. LOVEANGEL - Not too bad for 2 color matched 50ml bottles, and 1 100ml bottle of invincible for right under $200 Shipped. My wife's Lexus and the truck should look really good with this stuff! I think I have to order through the actual computer though since it doesn't give me the option to put in the color codes anywhere through the phone. I'll have to look up the starfire pearl color for the Lexus also before placing the order.

So if you were to do two cars, would the 50 mL of primer be enough or would 100 mL be the way to go? Both cars are different colors, so I'm going to try to color match both with the coats.

Also the two cars I plan on working on, as soon as the weather stops dropping to 20*, have not had a proper detail treatment on them. One car has been repainted (in 2006), but only driven about a few thousand miles in the past 10 years (stays in the garage, mainly show car). The other is my Mustang, and it has about 56k miles without any proper detail that I know of (It is black, and I can definitely see the swirls in certain light). Am I going to need to do more than primer and coat? If I have to do major corrections, would you guys recommend PA, or someone else for the sake of cost?

I know I'm going to have to clay bar and everything else. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'll need for polishing materials.

Definitely order 100ml. As for show car, with proper detail I believe you're good to go. For the stang, are your swirls light or heavy? Primer does have some cutting ability to remove light swirls but its hard to say if it will work in your case without me seeing. You may could try something like Meguiar's M105 (compound), M205 (Polish), or Menzerna FG400 (Compound) to remove them - whatever coating you go with, you still have to remove swirls before application otherwise it's a waste of product. Coatings do not fill swirls.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Where do I find the paint code for Lexus Starfire Pearl on my wife's 14 es350, and the Race Red on my '12 fx4?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The PA paint code for Race Red is M7236A. Email Travis from the Polish Angel website for the Starfire Pearl Paint code.

28ONE

Reaction score
Where do I find the paint code for Lexus Starfire Pearl on my wife's 14 es350, and the Race Red on my '12 fx4?

Here is what I found for the Lexus Starfire - 077

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorco...odel=Lexus&sname=Starfire&cols=simple&rows=50

Ford Truck - M7236A - I don't why PA puts an A at the end of all Ford paint codes

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorco...&color=red&cols=simple&action=Get+Paint+Codes

As Darren said, email [email protected] to verify the codes...

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
That 077 is the same code I had come across on a Google search also. Just sent an email to verify, thanks.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I'm going to order the primer and coats for the two cars when I get home. 70k detail.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Why not order the 100ml primer instead of 2 50ml bottles? That's what I'm doing for my two cars and it is just under 200 bucks shipped

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Why not order the 100ml primer instead of 2 50ml bottles? That's what I'm doing for my two cars and it is just under 200 bucks shipped

Looks like he did order the 100ml of primer. The 2 50ml items seem to be the Opticoat ceramic.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back