polish stock fuel rails

DonovanS302

Reaction score
it was easy i took the whole thing off just make sure you have the right size fuel disconnect tool

but there is enough room to do it on the car which is what i did first to try it out

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
You can polish them...its not all that bad of a job. Just takes some time. Mine are hitting the paint booth once I get the car back. I can't take the chrome anymore.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
You can polish them...its not all that bad of a job. Just takes some time. Mine are hitting the paint booth once I get the car back. I can't take the chrome anymore.

Well my idea was getting them to look nice again so I can maybe sell them. They really dont go well with my car. I think I might start on a smaller project though since Ive never polished before.

DonovanS302

Reaction score
did you wet sand them soap ad water? I did it on the car first then took them off and redid the same process. after that i used the polish wheel and some crome polish. I used light pressure and it took no mor than 15 min each side. like i said 320,800,1000,1500,2000(wet sanding), then chrome polish(meguires, blue majic,ect)it doesnt matter.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
did you wet sand them soap ad water? I did it on the car first then took them off and redid the same process. after that i used the polish wheel and some crome polish. I used light pressure and it took no mor than 15 min each side. like i said 320,800,1000,1500,2000(wet sanding), then chrome polish(meguires, blue majic,ect)it doesnt matter.

Yea I used water. I think I may be oversanding or undersanding. I used a piece that was already polished and then sanded that. Im also using bluemagic. More than likely I am sanding to hard. Or maybe its just the type of metal? Im a little scared to try this on my wheels though.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Post a pic of your wheels. If I were you I would buy a Mother's Power Ball and some blue magic. I have had Polished aluminum wheels on my Jeep before that would get some major brown stains and such from mud. The power ball and blue magic would make them look new in no more that 5 minutes per wheel.

DonovanS302

Reaction score
here I did the same process on some old valve covers I had laying around the only issue was he paint removing wheel left some scratches(should have just sand blasted them)

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

as you can see the difference between the two and you can see where I stopped on the polished on.

I know my dad restored some harley davison rims the same way(rims were oxided and pitted, previous owner left out in elements for 2 yrs) it was time comsuming he spent a week on jut one rim. here is a pic of the restored rim

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Pics make a huge diffrence. Im a take some pics tomorrow morning and post them to see what you think. The y actualy have steel wool scratches on them (dont ask why lol) but Im a see what u think of the damage first then give it a try.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Well my idea was getting them to look nice again so I can maybe sell them. They really dont go well with my car. I think I might start on a smaller project though since Ive never polished before.

Hmmm. Just tried this and got a brass look from the metal when sanding it....

The stock rails, even polished, aren't really worth anything. Ask me how I know :beer:

On the brass, it might actually be brass depending where you are along the rail, they use something on those rails that looks just like it at all the joints.

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
The stock rails, even polished, aren't really worth anything. Ask me how I know :beer:

On the brass, it might actually be brass depending where you are along the rail, they use something on those rails that looks just like it at all the joints.
how do you know lol...

...no im kidding

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
does this work with chrome finish i.e. Borla stinger tips? Or just bare metal ?

The tips on the borlas now have some sort of brass color on the edge and I cant take it out with mothers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back