Post your motorcycle and your gear!

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Currently running a bone stock 2007 Yamaha FZ1... even still has the rear fender on it... and it works good. Bought a 2006 GSXR 600 for a track bike and ran that at NJMP last year. Great bike and in process of making it a full time track bike. Mustang has taken away from my bike time, but I miss the old days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Monti1.jpg
    Monti1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Turn7.jpg
    Turn7.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
BTW.... to answer your questions, that SPIDI has been through hell on the track and I cannot imagine it how I could expect more out of it. I have to have gone down more than 10 times in that suit... a couple of bad ones... and it is STILL holding up well after inspection. I also run ARAI helmets, but HJC has also been very good to me. I can also tell you that AGV jackets are a really good bargin. Mr original jacket too two good crashes on the street.... one at over 80mph across the pavement (result of a bar to bar tankslapper). Liked it so much I had to buy another.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
That's badass. Nice bike.

Thanks. Converted all blue plastics to black. Powdercoated the rims, wave rotor break discs, powdercoated swing arm, carbon front and rear fenders, carbon oil cooler cover, carbon chin spoiler, Corbin seat, Zero gravity double bubble smoked windscreen, Buell tailbag, mini turn signals, Buell XB9SL suspension (lower than normal), dropped pegs, extended mirrors, Special Forces exhaust, racing ECM, polished heal guards, tank bra and a few other minor things here and there.

This is what it looked like when I bought it. Was a repo that a shop had bought and I picked it up from them. Had been dumped at least a couple of times.

mybike-vi.jpg

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
1997 CBR F3 600 Arai helmet, and Joe Rocket jacket. Full Two Brothers exhaust, tinted double bubble windshield, jetted and K & N filter. Sorry my dog likes his picture taken!

6176_100283403316810_100000054512296_4497_6041815_n.jpg

MountainMichael

forum member
Reaction score
MountainMichael's Dual Sport Ride - "Anywhere"

Bored on an Easter Sunday, so a bit of a ramble.

First off, Happy Easter!

Back to topic: 2008 Yamaha WR250X "supermoto" (??) converted for dual sport riding. Street legal bikes as shipped with 6 speed trans and EFI. I converted to dual sport (on road/highway and off road) due to where I live out 'in the sticks' at this point in life.

7k in mods all DIY; won't bore you with the list. Favorite mod: Revloc Automatic clutch - I especially enjoy the clutch ON road. Go figure. Also surprising to me, 2nd favorite mods are windshield and highway pegs.

It is an easy handling, nimble, lightweight bike off road and on tripling my off road abilities compared to my old pig.

It repeatedly kept up with or slightly ahead of a well modified KLR650 in highway acceleration comparisons at very high altitudes (9000+ feet) on steep inclines or on the level from zero to 70 - KLR rider was 30 pounds lighter than me. 70 up, the KLR slowly edges ahead. Not that KLR's are fast.

The other rider subsequently got rid of his KLR650 and picked up a WR250R. Stable in wind at 90 actual; never any "golly wobble" or other untoward excitement.

I've owned many motorcycles including a new Suzuki GSXR1100 back when. The WR250X is no speed demon, but it is very fun due to being so nimble, friendly and comfortable (after mods).

This first pic is with Greenhorn Mountain in the background.

wrx_an10.jpg

Second pic is in across the road from my home in my rural subdivision:

wrx_na10.jpg

We WR250R/X zealots use this motto:

"Anywhere"

Yup, we even have our own "Anywhere" t-shirts. ;-)

One caveat: These bikes can be too tall for some people. Although mine is the X model and is somewhat lower than the R, I still had to lower it a bit more to be comfortable. My excuses would be age, shorter than average legs, artificial joints, weak legs, etc.

PROPAGANDA ADVISORY:

I guess this is deteriorating into a sales pitch, so the rest "shouldn't be read by anyone":

Item perhaps of interest: Many people love to say: "KTM's are faster. Just go with a KTM." Of course, most of those people have never owned or ridden a KTM - and most have never had to live with a KTM on the highway. I concede, however: In a comparison of power, the KTM is tremendously more powerful than a WR250R or X.

Consider this, though: What is the impact of comfort, ease of use, nimbleness and reliability? One of our WR250R "Anywhere" zealots rode his bike long distance on interstates and highways to get to a race event. He finished in the middle of the field in a multi-day off road race populated mostly by trailered in KTM race bikes. And then perhaps adding insult to injury, he rode his WR250R home.

As many say of motorcycle racing, "it's the rider, not the bike". One point perhaps contradicting that statement in this particular instance... the WR250R rider was middle aged, not a kid, racing against mostly much younger riders. And... perhaps in defense of the orange bikes???: A lot of the KTM racers bikes broke down being fatally delayed or not able to finish the race - no offense to KTM owners or non-owner-fans intended - it's just how it was in one isolated race.

Truth in advertising: I'm no racer. I couldn't have pulled that off regardless of equipment.

Respectfully submitted. Probably not a bike for the masses, but I am exceptionally enamored with this one. It is my personal favorite of all the motorcycles I've owned or ridden; tremendous character and personality irrespective of the diminutive cc's.

Ok; off to Easter celebration back in civilization..

Mick

Last edited:

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
bike1.jpg
bike2.jpg
bike3.jpg
bike4.jpg
2003 gsxr 1000. Stretched, sprockets, air shifted, full muzzy exhaust, full intake, and 45 nx wet shot.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I miss my old GSXR750 street fighter..... actually I don't, but I miss the ridding experience a lot. Some real nice bikes here. Always had thing for those big Buells.

bunkered13

forum member
Reaction score
my 08 gt and 05 harley softail springer. vance and hines short exhaust, 18 in. bars, solo springer seat, bobber rear fender, and sissy bar. It is a blast to ride.
C8C42E47-orig.jpg

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
very nice harley! any more pics? If they werent so god damn expensive I would love one like that!

I just sold my 06 cbr that I just finished doing a fairing kit on... Looking at a 2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 tomorrow... See if I can work something out with the guy

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
View attachment 32810I have a '08 night train with a few chrome parts added for show and not much done for go, lol. It's a fun bike and I love it.

I also have my bosses '06 gixer 750 that I ride because he doesn't want it to sit up (only 1400 miles on it) and I keep it in my garage because he doesnt have room for it, I don't mind at all. I love sport bikes but the insurance kills it for me. I sold my Daytona 675 for my silver GT because of it.

Last edited:

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
This used to be mine. It's a 1992 Ninja ZX11 stretched, lowered, and built motor that made 160 rwhp. I ended up selling it off last fall but it was stupid fast.

Phone7713.jpg

Phone7725.jpg

Phone7721.jpg

IMG_20100917_142103.jpg

One with my old 2010 sixer...
IMG_20100911_075450.jpg

stratman

forum member
Reaction score
Just sold my 08 Kawi zx10 and 07 gsxr 750(trackbike).I'm taking a break from 2 wheels.I've been lucky for too many years.Miss it though.
My old repsol,too.

Attachments

• IMGA0479.JPG
    IMGA0479.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGA0866.JPG
    IMGA0866.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGA0748.JPG
    IMGA0748.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 27

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
This used to be mine. It's a 1992 Ninja ZX11 stretched, lowered, and built motor that made 160 rwhp. I ended up selling it off last fall but it was stupid fast.

Phone7713.jpg

Honestly it looks rediculous. Not in a good way. It looks broken. It's almost like you're mocking the guys who run extended swing arms by running one 10x longer. It reminds me of when ricers run a 14" diameter muffler, or a 5 foot tall wing, or put 26" wheels on their Monte Carlo.

I do realize that may sound harsh, but it's just an expression of how radiculous that bike looks.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Honestly it looks rediculous. Not in a good way. It looks broken. It's almost like you're mocking the guys who run extended swing arms by running one 10x longer. It reminds me of when ricers run a 14" diameter muffler, or a 5 foot tall wing, or put 26" wheels on their Monte Carlo.

I do realize that may sound harsh, but it's just an expression of how radiculous that bike looks.
I hate to say it, but I have to agree. It just looks stupid. Plus, how can it even be functional as a motorcycle?? You may argue that it's a "track bike" only, but they DO make wheelie bars for bikes that you can take off when you're doing anything besides going in a straight line. Again, sorry to be harsh... it is what it is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back