Post your motorcycle and your gear!

Mustangsam05

forum member
Reaction score
Here was my first bike: Brand new 07 GSX-R 750(stock)..Got stolen from school but luckly had insurance to cover it.
38591_142479555774128_100000362545965_290988_5190190_n.jpg

Then I decided to try a cruiser out so I bought this brand new 2009 Suzuki m90. Got really bored of it after about 6 months and was just way to heavy.
049.jpg

Then sold that and bought my current bike: 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Has two brothers pipe and i love it.
101.jpg

Mustangsam05

forum member
Reaction score
Just parked it at school one day and came back out of class an hour later it is was gone lol. I was very pissed about it and it also took insurance months to give a payout

Rob1968

forum member
Reaction score
Just parked it at school one day and came back out of class an hour later it is was gone lol. I was very pissed about it and it also took insurance months to give a payout

Thieves suck! I too had my brand new GSXR750 stolen from my apartment around the same time about 40 other bikes in the area were also stolen.

I now ride a 04 fz6- commuter, 05 RM 250 dirt, yj 125 (vino) race bike/ wheelie monster!

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Here's my 2007 cbr600rr! The stang is in the background as well!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345083261.742439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345083261.742439.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 23

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Another pic of her with my Shoei X-eleven!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345083282.495673.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345083282.495673.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 15

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Needs pics of the CT70!

Update with new paint and lid.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NJMP-6-25-12end.JPG
    NJMP-6-25-12end.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Be nice.jpg
    Be nice.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 179

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
here's a pic

it currently needs more work then originally though but oh well it's a project. needs essentially all new front end, forks rebuilt, needs some rewiring and new throttle and new brake cable.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
here's a pic

it currently needs more work then originally though but oh well it's a project. needs essentially all new front end, forks rebuilt, needs some rewiring and new throttle and new brake cable.

Geez.... looks pretty good from the picture. Nice get. Those things are worth some good coin when refurbed. Would love one of those for my kid.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Man! I ha no idea this thread existed! LOL I love riding. I have a 2006 HD Softail Night Train.

The OP asked about gear and what's saved your ass. I wear a skid plate on my head, leather jacket and chaps. I haven't dropped my bike since 1984. Almost died on a Honda 125 enduro. Wasn't pretty. God willing it will never happen again.

Bike2.jpg

Pict0043.jpg

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Geez.... looks pretty good from the picture. Nice get. Those things are worth some good coin when refurbed. Would love one of those for my kid.

it looks good from the outside but once you get upclose it needs probably in the realm of 1500$ in restoration.

needs to repainted
the front suspension is trash this alone is 3-400 bucks
fenders needs replacement
the wiring is trash which is easy i can get a new wire harness for 30$
needs a battery

but right now the front suspension is murder.... i either spend 150 and have brand new fork guts or 200 -300$ and have all new oil damped shocks and front disc breaks.

i have to say these are probably the best learner bikes ever made. the wide tires make them extremely stable in all terrain including sand. they're low to the ground so you cn easy stand up to bail and not risk injury. theyre not fast lol ect. my fiance saw it and now of course wants her own "ratty" unrestored ct70.... so i kinda fucked myself there. but atleast hers wont be street legal lol.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
it looks good from the outside but once you get upclose it needs probably in the realm of 1500$ in restoration.

needs to repainted
the front suspension is trash this alone is 3-400 bucks
fenders needs replacement
the wiring is trash which is easy i can get a new wire harness for 30$
needs a battery

but right now the front suspension is murder.... i either spend 150 and have brand new fork guts or 200 -300$ and have all new oil damped shocks and front disc breaks.

i have to say these are probably the best learner bikes ever made. the wide tires make them extremely stable in all terrain including sand. they're low to the ground so you cn easy stand up to bail and not risk injury. theyre not fast lol ect. my fiance saw it and now of course wants her own "ratty" unrestored ct70.... so i kinda fucked myself there. but atleast hers wont be street legal lol.

Don't spend on the forks. Just redo the internals. You will never get your money back out of the upgraded shocks and disc... and no one will really care about the "performance upgrade" when you go to sell it. Collectors want original. However, if you are doing it just because.... go right ahead and upgrade. I can support that. :thumb2:

Besides... you can always change your mind and upgrade the suspension later. You could easily sell the stockers refurbed for what you would have in them.

BTW.... not like you need my permission. Just experience talking.

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
im redoing it for a show/performance bike. something to take to like motorcycle shows where it would be all on its own.

i'm not worried on the return factor but i will be keeping all the original parts. as it is a numbers matchin bike afterall.

anywho i went on a minor shopping spree >:) got me aome
new guides bushing for the forks bew piston guides aka the fork leg guides
a conplete throttle assembly as my dad ad jerry rigged a arv style thumb throttle
new grips
turn signals
rear break light
headlight
rear break light switch srping
new sealed battery no more fuckin with lead acid battery shit
battery strap
break light bracket

cant think if i bought anythin else but its enough this week, i need to clean the points as it currenty diesnt have spark. so i cant test if the horn or wire harness.

i'll post some better pics tomorrow

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
my latest toy and gear, I have since upgraded my gloves with dainese full metal pro's and upgraded the bike with some italian chrome pieces (carbon fiber):

4p3yf.jpg

Last edited:

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
I just put together a slideshow vid of my '75 Suzuki T500 build project from a year or two ago.

EDIT...Fixed! :clap:

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back