Problem with Stock Suspension!!!

r0ng5

forum member
Reaction score
So I am returning my previously lowered 2010 GT back to stock. Everything was going great, until I loaded the front suspension: My driver side strut, when loaded on the ground, is pushing waaay past the camber plate. Once the car is jacked up again, it lowers back. There doesn't seem to be a problem on the passenger side.

What's my problem? Current setup: stock struts, stock springs. JM camber plate . (i couldn't find my stock strut mounts). I'll post a pic real soon with the problem. Any help/suggestion/past experience would be great.

I'm thinking I'll just get a set of the stock strut mounts or the GT500 strut mounts? Do camber plates fail in this fashion that it allows the struts to come way past it?

Thanks in advance, for all the help

Here are the pictures:

Correctly installed:
1accacf5.jpg

The problem:
5201eef6.jpg

Last edited:

jjleomustang

I'm Addicted
Reaction score
It looks to me like your missing or have something defferent going on from drivers and passenger sides! Check both sides for differances in hardware or anything at all. Chances are your just missing something! -JJ

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Aren't there aluminum spacer collars that go on the strut shaft under the camber plate? I know that the Steeda ones I helped a friend install had them.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It's hard for us to say. You'll have to pull it apart and find out what's missing or where the problem is.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
did you re-install those collar looking pieces in this picture?

nevermind.. it won't show up.

Last edited:

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
On the J&M's, when you install them you point the notch in one direction if it's a street car and in another direction when it's a race car. If you pointed the notch in a completely wrong direction or one side in race and the other in street, you could have this problem.

Look on page 6 for the notches and how they should be pointed:

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/jm-4bolt-caster-camber-plate-0509-install.pdf

All that does is change camber a couple degrees.

r0ng5

forum member
Reaction score
this forum is awesome.... i found this part.. i'm pretty sure it's it:

0e87cf63.jpg

affirmative? i'll give it a shot this weekend. any suggestions still welcome.

Thanks everyone!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back