Question do tunes need time to adapt?

2011IngotGt

forum member
Reaction score
I just got a tune for my 2012 auto 5.0- To be honest it didnt feel that much diff than stock. After a few more miles of driving it seemed to get a bit stronger ? Does this make sense? thanks and sorry for the newbie ??s

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
my bbr tune made a night and day difference on my auto.. firmer shifts... better shift points... also went from 13.1 to 12.6 with just a tune only.

2011IngotGt

forum member
Reaction score
Thats the tune I have- I was just wondering with more miles will it get stronger? I put about 15 miles on it so far. On my manual tranny it felt a little stronger sooner. At least thats what it felt like so far. Oh yeah its a 93 tune

TimMcc

Reaction score
When I first put my CAI and 93 agressive tune on my car before the blower the difference was immediate and literally like a switch was flipped from neat to super duper neat.

2011IngotGt

forum member
Reaction score
Was it immediate?

my bbr tune made a night and day difference on my auto.. firmer shifts... better shift points... also went from 13.1 to 12.6 with just a tune only.

My did do those things as well (firmer shifts, rev limit etc) It just seemed it was a more Noticeable diff on the manual car I had versus the auto I own now.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
You will have to drive your car some until it gets out of the learn mode or whatever its called.. but you should fell a night and day difference in throttle response as well as all the other things mentioned.

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
The only learning mine had to do was letting it idle for about 10-15 minutes before I started driving it after putting on the tune. When I first put the tune on and started driving right away it would fluctuate in rpm during idle. I have a manual trans though.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
I guess I can't speak on this since I have tuned my 11 yet. I do know my 05 auto flipped like a light switch as soon as I put the tune on.

2011IngotGt

forum member
Reaction score
Im telling ya this tune has taken a while to learn I guess. It will now annihilate the tires in first and gets a little side ways in second. It did not do that the first day I added it on the car. It may seem funny and yes i did check to make sure trac control was all the way off and ac off as well. I am feeling alittle better now. There is a little hestition if you nail it though, it seems like for a split second it doesnt do much and then wow!

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Im telling ya this tune has taken a while to learn I guess. It will now annihilate the tires in first and gets a little side ways in second. It did not do that the first day I added it on the car. It may seem funny and yes i did check to make sure trac control was all the way off and ac off as well. I am feeling alittle better now. There is a little hestition if you nail it though, it seems like for a split second it doesnt do much and then wow!

Well that's good to hear.

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
on my 05 and 12 i noticed the difference immediately, your shift points should have been much higher than stock and harder, if you didn't notice that you aren't paying attention or your tune isn't right ;)

as far as feeling stronger yes, i noticed it right away, and I do believe the tune adapted a bit over time.

Last edited:

2011IngotGt

forum member
Reaction score
Kinda what i thought

PCM adapts n 15 mins

Thats about how long it took for mine. I will say my manual 2011 5.0 still felt faster, but I also had a Bassani full exhaust and a cold air on that car. I am sure those 2 items probably added a little power.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back