Questions About Superchargers in Cali (Saleen Supershaker Specifically)

torchredstang

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a Saleen Supercharger Supershaker kit for my mustang however I was unaware that it is not CARB legal in Cali. =/
From what I understand you have to have your new car smogged 6 years after you bought it. Does anyone know if I put this kit on my stang if it will pass Smog check in a year or so? I'm pretty sure it will have to pass a visual too which would make me need some kind of CARB sticker for the blower. I know the Saleen blower is Smog legal but I guess Saleen never got the add on of the Supershaker scoop to be legal also.
Also my other main concern is getting pulled over and hassled from cops. I'm afraid that if a cop ever forces me to pop my hood and then quesitons me about the supercharger and if its Carb legal and where is the sticker and all...What will I do? I can imagine it would be a pretty big ticket and hassle and I would probably get sent to a State Ref station or something.
For those of you running an aftermarket supercharger in California do you have Carb sticker under your hood?
Do you think I can get away with using the paperwork and E0 Carb number from a the regular Saleen blowers? Or maybe even getting a Carb sticker made somehow?
Thanks for any information I really appreciate any help on this issue.
I was really excited to get the kit and would hate to have to sell it and I'm pretty confused on what to do now =(!

--Sammy

mikebna

Wannabe
Reaction score
I have no help for you Sammy, but that really sucks if that's the way California is going to be to you with doing those mods.:tdown::argh:

Corpsman

Reaction score
I live in Oceanside. Granted i have never had my Saleen smogged yet, so I cant answer that question. I have been running the Supershaker for about a year now and an o/r Prochamber and have never once been hassled by any cops.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back