Quik-Latch Hood Pins on S197, who’s running them?

JBOJohnny

Reaction score
Any pictures of the Quik-Latch good pins on a S197?

https://justboltons.com/blog/2020-s...pins-are-made-by-quiklatch-order-yours-today/

dcb04896d1a71d7a3c701088a3a85ca7.jpg

bobmare

Reaction score
I bought those hoodpins and then found the exact same pins on ebay(same type of materials,steel and aluminum) for half the price and had my body shop put them in.they were easy to find under "hoodpins".I figured it would cost the same to install them so,why pay more than you have to.hope this helps. Bob

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought those hoodpins and then found the exact same pins on ebay(same type of materials,steel and aluminum) for half the price and had my body shop put them in.they were easy to find under "hoodpins".I figured it would cost the same to install them so,why pay more than you have to.hope this helps. Bob

Yes, there is zero difference between a product made by a legitimate company and cheap Chinese knockoff shit from eBay.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Just in case others did not catch the sarcasm
These have been copied for a while, I would not risk it, these are a very precise fit and I would never risk a safety item.
I have known others who forgot to clip their hood pins and suffered thousands of dollars in damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
I bought 2 different kinds of hood pins and can't bring myself to cut a hole in my carbon fiber hood to install them. I have also seen a lot of issues with the hood cracking around the hood pin because of the stress. I need to install them so maybe this summer I will have balls enough to do it. Good luck.

bobmare

Reaction score
considering I had both sets in my hands at the same time,they were identical.hell,they even weighed the same.I will admit that it took some time for me to get the locks just right so the hood latch and hood locks are both engaged,but that would have to be done anyway.after a couple of years or so mine still work perfectly. good luck on your quest, B.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back