rad_rob's build thread.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Lost your wheels?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Hope they play nice and get it resolved quickly!!

Those tires are WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!! wow!!!

Cant wait to see this all come together!

Yeah, I don't know how they "misplaced" four 20" wheels, but we'll see. Im hoping they call me today to tell me that they found them. We'll see.

Yeah, the tires are actually a lot wider than I thought they would be, but Im looking forward to seeing what they look like when they're installed.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So I got a pretty big update this morning. I was just sent these photos from Dustin over at Whipple. I was excited before, but seeing this thing come to life is going to make me super impatient. Its pretty incredible the amount of work they've gotten done to my car in the week that they have had it. Anyways, enough with that. Time for photos!

6CeAleS.jpg

CSvzNY6.jpg

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Blinding!!...lol Looks very cool, definitely an eye catcher!

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So more good news. The wheels are now finally back in my possession. I snapped a couple quick pictures before I loaded them into the car. Despite the hassle of taking longer than expected, the quality is top notch and I am definitely happy with the outcome. Once I get the car back, Ill be pulling the TPMS sensors and then mounting the wheels.

vDAqEjK.jpg

PFEesi5.jpg

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Are they just slightly lighter gray then what you started with? Kinda hard to see a difference.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess it is kinda hard to see with the lighting. The wheels were originally semi-gloss black. They're now a matte charcoal.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess it is kinda hard to see with the lighting. The wheels were originally semi-gloss black. They're now a matte charcoal.

Ah ok, that makes sense if you didnt want the black, in the pics they look gun metal.

I think these wheels come in gun metal/anthracite so hopefully you didnt pay much to have them coated, or got a screaming deal on the black ones.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
They are actually only currently offered in semi-gloss black and machined silver. Either way though I really like how the color came out.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
*Edge of seat* Seriously.

You and me both! Haha

I wish I wouldn't have spent so much money so quickly otherwise I would have snagged your brakes from you. That's the exact kit I'm probably going to end up with. Haha

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So I got a small update this morning. The massive heat exchanger fit perfectly. The intercooler tank, however, did not. So they are going to be building a whole new tank for it now. This heat exchanger is just massive!

GLZiZsB.jpg

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Well, the exhaust showed up on Friday. I ended up going with the Magnaflow GT500 street series catback, and Magnaflow's Tru-X x-pipe. Huge thanks to everyone over at Magnaflow. I also ended up ordering my GT500 rear valance so that should be here in a few days. The rear valance will eventually be replaced with a carbon fiber piece, but this will at least allow me to install the exhaust in the meantime. I have been pushed by many people to go with long tube headers, but I am still on the fence about them. I know they free up a lot of power, but I don't know if I want to deal with how loud the car will be on the street. Its not like I'm going to need to give law enforcement any more of a reason to pull me over. Who knows, I may end up doing it anyways. haha.

ES4LDMA.jpg

aYlD7Rj.jpg

JgoW3zB.jpg

HawkeyeGT

Reaction score
Great looking build. Cant wait for you to get it back in your hands, and put all the pieces together.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Well, the exhaust showed up on Friday. I ended up going with the Magnaflow GT500 street series catback, and Magnaflow's Tru-X x-pipe. Huge thanks to everyone over at Magnaflow. I also ended up ordering my GT500 rear valance so that should be here in a few days. The rear valance will eventually be replaced with a carbon fiber piece, but this will at least allow me to install the exhaust in the meantime. I have been pushed by many people to go with long tube headers, but I am still on the fence about them. I know they free up a lot of power, but I don't know if I want to deal with how loud the car will be on the street. Its not like I'm going to need to give law enforcement any more of a reason to pull me over. Who knows, I may end up doing it anyways. haha.

]

I had the Magnaflow Street Series and they are VERY docile. Excellent daily driver axlebacks but quiet and I have Longtubes and ORX as well.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
I had the Magnaflow Street Series and they are VERY docile. Excellent daily driver axlebacks but quiet and I have Longtubes and ORX as well.

That's kind of what I was hoping for, so that makes me feel better. Even if I do decide to do long tubes.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome build so far Rob! Anything else turning into bright green in your engine bay?

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome build so far Rob! Anything else turning into bright green in your engine bay?

Thanks! I'm probably going to have the coil pack covers painted to match, but that's probably it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back